Sign in to follow this  
cowboygirl45

Another Newbie . . . (Laserpoint problems)

Okay, so here it goes. I've been on here for the past hour reading about any topic I could find regarding the emergency kill switch.  I received my cutter today.  It's set up, using the serial cable and Flexi Starter 8.5.  Any who, I cut two test cuts, and then two simple designs and all of the sudden the cutting head has started diving for the left side of the machine and hits the kill switch.  Sooooo, I turn it off, move the head off of the switch, turn it on, go to off line mode, adjust the head and hit the little middle arrow button (I'm so technical aren't I  ;D).  I then turn the cutter back onto on line mode and attempt to send my project, only to have the same stinking thing happen all over again  ;D.  Any ideas you may have would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Later,

Amber

are you hitting origin, before you send to cut,?  That sets your starting point.  I don't have a US cutter machine,  but I do have Flexistarter,,,  machine cuts from right to left... 

are you hitting origin, before you send to cut,?  That sets your starting point.  I don't have a US cutter machine,  but I do have Flexistarter,,,   machine cuts from right to left... 

+1

LP will cut from right to left. Adjust your blade carriage and vinyl, when off-line, hit the button that looks like target cross-hairs. That will reset you 0,0 origin to where the carriage and vinyl are at.

Hey guys!  Thanks so much for your replies!  Yes, I've been setting my origin before going back on line and then I send my project to the cutter, after that it heads straight for the safety shut off.  It got so late last night that I gave up on figuring it out, but I'm planning to play with it this morning to see if I can get it to behave itself  ;D.

Thanks so much for your replies!!!!!!!

do you have the material size correct in teh cutter settings?

bb

Guest round2racing

Cowboygirl, take the machine offline, use the right arrow to move the carriage all the way to the right (not to the kill switch though), and set your origin with the circle/cross.

I had the same exact thing happen when I got mine......I worked with that thing for two hours before giving up and going to bed.

Next day, it was like "EUREKA" and then I felt foolish....... ;D

The top left corner of your design actually begins cutting at the right side of your cutter.

If you stand behine the cutter and watch, it works out.......LOL      ;D ;D

FINALLY GOT!  Moving the cutting head clear to the right if I'm looking at the front of the cutter did the trick.  ;D  I figured it would be something simple and I'd look like a goober for having to ask, but you all are awesome!  Thank you sooooo much for all of the input and ideas!  You got me back on track and cutting finally ;D!

Thanks so much!

Amber

The rulers on the Pcut/US cutters in the front of the machine start from left to right from 0 to 70 cm or so.

The head should move from right to left.

Welcome to the world of cutting.

It never is what you think but in the end..................we all have gone through this.

Paco

But that is why the newbie manual is in the instructional section in the top;-)