Sign in to follow this  
pitkin2020

newbies first cuts

after spending ages just cutting out text and playing i have made some simple signs for friends and at home, i have become addicted and will cut everything and anything now lol, but here is some pics of my first cuts, nothing special but thought i would still share

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

Keep up the good work, It's all down hill from here...You are addicted and you are never going to stop LOL.

Kevin

thanks for the support guys its very much appreciated.

I have tried to do some vinyls using two colours but it didn't work out too well, i used registration marks but the problem i had was the fact i was using paper application tape so i couldn't see the registration marks lol, but i am going to order some clear and try it again

I have tried to do some vinyls using two colours but it didn't work out too well, i used registration marks but the problem i had was the fact i was using paper application tape so i couldn't see the registration marks lol, but i am going to order some clear and try it again

I had this same exact issue last night.  I did do the packing-tape trick, but have already gone and ordered a roll of clear just to be safe.  Figure I'll use the paper app tape for single color and keep the clear for multi-color applications.

sweet work there! BTW what type of vinyl are you using to stick to those doors?

its nothing special it was just the cheapest on ebay, manufactured by aslan 3-5 year vinyl, its not bad actually i have so far stuck it on glass, veener wood doors and even chipboard (contiboard) and its stuck.

As these have all been for practise i just bought the cheapest to play around with,

here is alink but its for the uk ebay, but im sure you could find the same stuff in the US

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-WHITE-CLEAR-SELF-ADHESIVE-SIGN-VINYL-610mm-x-1m_W0QQitemZ390066675587QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item5ad1c91f83&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262