Sign in to follow this  
loren

University of Illinois sign

Since I'm a student at the University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana), I thought it would be fun to make a sign for my apartment or something.  I already made another post on this about how I destroyed the paint with app tape after spending hours on everything else, but I won't go into detail about that again.  You can hardly tell in these particular photos, but the paint is speckled in some spots, with the sheet metal showing through.

It's 12"x24" sheet metal painted flat white with RustOleum spray paint.  Vinyl is flat black Oracal 651, which makes for a killer combination with the flat white paint.

(The first pic has a white air vent behind it.  I just realized that it looks like part of the sign and makes the decal look crooked, but I assure you it's perfectly aligned  :))

img0052.jpg

img0053.jpg

Looks awesome!  Oh, and you can just tell peeps the "speckled" look is a "weathered" effect.  ;D

Thannnnks!  Ha, I actually thought about it, but it's only speckled in certain places.. almost like blotchy.  Maybe if I took some sandpaper to it I could spread the "weathered" effect all over.  It'd probably look nice then!