Sign in to follow this  
Sew Darn Hot

Vector Cut and my copam - Need help please

I am hoping someone can help.

I am cutting with my copam and cutting with Vector Cut from Cadworx. Problem is, I can cut a single clipart design sillohette without any problems BUT any time I try to cut text or a clip with text or a clip with cutouts or anything other than a single item,

My cutter puts diagional lines right through the design like it is trying to line things up THEN it does another cut, starting a little ways into the design straight across the whole sheet of vinyl. Even if I have listed the vinyl as a smaller sheet it still goes up and across diagionally the length and width of the whole sheet of vinyl in the cutter!

AGGGHH

I have sign blazer and that works fine but i cannot design in Cadworx and send to my other cut program Can anyone help???

PLEASE

Guest round2racing

What type of file does Cadworx create?

If you cannot save as an eps, you might be able to save as an SVG.  If so, you can use Inkscape (free program) to convert the svg file into an eps file that will import into SBE.

Wow, that's a lot of abbreviations......LOL

:)

Guest Hugo Valencia

so are you creating the design and everything through Vector Cut or are you importing because like Round said you might be able to create the eps separate and then import to it and cut (never used that software so dont know for sure)

lol - I'm with you.

It will only save as .plt   SB only opens .SBD files  BUT I can save the design as a .tiff and then import into SB and then monochrome & re-vectorize to cut. I was just hoping to cut out a couple steps. At least I can do that much - Its something

:-)

Thanks  

HugoV - I am designing it all in Cadworx cut the layouts/designs are very easy for the school decals I am doing. Click - edit, change styles etc. add clipart and boom all done.