Sign in to follow this  
machina

Temporary Vehicle Graphic - 631 safe bet?

So I need to do some temporary graphics on a black car but really worried about clearcoat peeling upon removal.

Oracal 631 is low tack, will it be 100% removable after a few days? Have seen some scary results removing some films on other clear coated cars.

Thanks,

dr

If the clear coat is good , I don't think there would be a problem . To be on the safe side , heat the vinyl up before removing . I have peeled 651 off many cars & never pulled any clear coat ( YET  :) ) .

Oracal 631 is low tack, will it be 100% removable after a few days? Have seen some scary results removing some films on other clear coated cars.

We sold a bunch of price decals in 631 to a local Chevy Dealer.  He didn't have any problem with it, and some of it stayed on a lot longer than that. 

This is pretty much my question.  Is is safe to put the 631 on the side of a car for a very temporary welcome home sign?  This won't wreck her car?  Are there any hints on doing this?  I am very new and needing some advice.  Thanks.

Lori

About 10 years ago , Ford Motor Co did many repaints under warranty. I had a 1 ton dump truck that the paint was flaking off . I took it in & the Service Writer took regular duct tape & pressed it on the paint & pulled it off . If any paint came off , it was defective paint . I don't know about 631 , but I don't think 651 sticks as good as duct tape . What I am saying if the paint is good , no harm taking 651 off especially if in the hot sun or with a heat gun . Bad paint & sometines it falls off by itself .  :thumbsup: