Sign in to follow this  
TFarrar

Best Vinyl For Race Cars...

I am getting ready to vinyl a friends modified dirt track car.  The person who was doing it charged $300.  Its mostly flourescent Vinyl with some purple chrome and some other speciality vinyls.  My question since Im new to the whole race car thing is, what is the best vinyl to use to keep the price down and still make money?  Theres no graphics down the car, mainly just numbers, names, and sponsors, but from doing my research on signwarehouse i think im going to end up spending more than $300 just on the vinyl.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  It doesnt have to be anything that will last for years and years...the car gets smashed up every race and the stickers get re done every year.  Please let me know what would be the best to use.  Thanks

Guest round2racing

I buy from signdesignsupplies.com.

He has Shinerite.  It's is lower priced. 

I own a race car and I have changed the numbers and two decals three times this year.

I can afford to change them, since their vinyl is so affordable.

I like Oracal, but since the vinyl gets scratched, burnt (tire burn), and nicked up, I prefer to use a cheaper vinyl, so I can replace more often.....

Just my $.02.

I own 3 race cars and there is nothing worse then having to spend the first $300 then have to replace $25 numbers every 2 races. What I do on all the cars I do is I tell them the cost of what ever the rolls cost and that is there cost. Then that pays for the vinyl and everything else is free. When that person comes back then I charge my hour rate and very very little for the replacement numbers etc. I have been doing very well on repeat business and making more money doing it this way then you can imagine.

jay