sharperimage

Aligning colors without CLEAR app tape

Is there any way to align colors on a multilayer sticker if you are not using a clear application tape? It is hard to see the registration marks thru my "conform" tape. Any ideas? Also , if I am installing say a three color graphic on a vehicle, should I install each layer seperately on the vehicle or can I put them together on each other and then install them as one?

Guest Terry

install in reverse. One layer at a time. Be SURE to apply it WET and you can move it around to reg it before it sticks.

Terry

Not sure what you meant by "install in reverse".......You mean install the bottom layer on the vehicle first and then the middle layer and then the top? Or install one layer onto the other before installing the assembled graphic on the vehichle? I have a fleet vehicle graphic that I thought I could perhaps assemble several multilayer graphics and keep them on hand so when they get a new vehicle , all I have to do is align and install one time.....Bingo!!! Am I a cheater or what!! Just wondered if anyone ever does that , or if it's possible.

Here is what i do.

I use two arrows facing each other for reg. marks. When I apply my app.tape I stay just above the reg. marks, then i use clear box tape over the bottom of my app. tape and over the reg. marks. When I done I just peel off the box tape. If Iam doing small decals I just use scotch tape. Works great for me.

Good luck!

Bigmac

:chopper:

i have found that if you preinstall your layers then install to the truck it makes it hard to get the air bubbles out of the first layer.