Renegade

Pricing survey - especially you screen print guys

What would you charge someone you like, that pays their bills, and you want to do business with again, to print up 200 black 6.1oz 100% cotton tees with a simple left chest single color white graphic that is about 4.25"x3.25"?

Can be plastisol or vinyl and I'm even open to other ideas if you have some other way to put some nice crisp white on black graphics.

I know the standard answer is going to be figure your cost and charge 2-2.5 times that, but these are an odd situation and I just want to figure out a industry average low end reasonable price for this job as I would do it free if I could afford to stay in business.

I would be at $2.35ea if they provide the shirts $5ea if I provide shirts. No set up or screen fees. Hope this helps.

That is exactly the kind of feed back I'm looking for. 

Would like to get at least 3 or 4 to compare.

Thanks and keep it coming please.  :thumbsup:

The cheapest I go is $4.50. I made exceptions for non-profits, $3.50. However, if you go too cheap at the start, they expect you to always be that cheap. They might like you and want to continue with you, but when your business grows, you start turning them away since you aren't making much profit. Less than $4.50 isn't worth doing it over and over. The other downfall is they like the shirts and tell everyone they know, and you get 200 people asking for 200 shirts at the same price.

Basically, even though you want to give them a discount, don't make it so cheap that you regret it. My normal charge is $6.48.

At the price I quoted We are making a very nice profit. Hell I can do all 200 of them in 1 1/2hrs top. After cost I would profit $376 for 1 1/2hrs of work. Thats after material and labor. Ill take as many as I can at that price. I think thats worth doing over and over!!!!

I'm fortunate enough to have a captive market with this situation and I need to charge a fair price to allow me to pay off equipment and such.  No one seems to really care what the cost is except me because I don't want to over charge or charge so little that I'm cheating myself.  So, I'm hoping by getting a range of costs here I can set a price that I know is fair because I'll likely do this a couple of times a year for the next few years.

$6 Is what I would charge. I agree with  sjaguar13  "less than $4.50 isn't worth doing it over and over. The other downfall is they like the shirts and tell everyone they know, and you get 200 people asking for 200 shirts at the same price."