Sign in to follow this  
cpwall

please help blade quit going up and down

help!! my refine has worked great since I got it a couple months ago. Then tonight the blade stops going up and down, wasted 2 yards of vinyl and nothing I am doing will make it work.

pull the cover and check your connections. Many times on these the wires have just worked loose. IF it's not that then I would get a support ticket filled out and get some help from the techs, you may need a part.

Kevin

The same thing happened to my MH365 a few months ago.  I removed the carrier cover to see if I could see anything binding.  Before when I turned it on the blade holder would not pick up.  After removing the cover I turned it on and it raised properly.  Of course it slambed into the side of the unit.  I moved it off the wall and put a pencil between the side and the carrier and turned it back on.  Put everything back together and it worked once or twice.  Took apart again.  It acted like something was causing it to bind.  Repeated test and worked great.  Put back together, worked once.  Took apart again.  Looked at everything.  Thought the spring was too weak.  Nothing made any sense.  When I put back together again I had dropped one of the cover screws so I only put two in figuring i would have to take apart again.  Worked fine and has ever since.  Don't know if something was in a bind or what but it's still working.  Don't know how your compares to mine but hopefully this will get you going. Lots of luck.

thanks for the tips. I already turned in a ticket and howard sent me an email with some ways to check the carriage so hopefully ill be back up and running shortly

I've checked the carriage--ok...I've checked the connections--ok...now just waiting on Howard to get back with me on how I can get a motherboard ASAP.

Howard had you do our famous 9V battery check no doubt... I love that test because it really helps to diagnose whether you need a carriage or a motherboard... Please let us know how this turns out.

yeah I ordered a motherboard, shipped friday.  What sucks is I paid for overnight thinking I'd get it Saturday and fedex don't deliver til monday. If I'd have known that I coulda saved 25 bucks on shipping, paid 2 day and still got it monday

I get Fedex on Saturday frequently. It all depends on whether they ship ir 'ground' or 'home' delivery. I can't remember which one delivers on sat but it only costs about $2 more. But Overnight should have an option for Sat delivery too. Nobody checked it, I guess.

If you wanted Saturday delivery you have to request it.. That sux, we could have delivered Saturday! I am glad we have your repair on track...

Hope to hear back about your repair success...

I didn't see any kind of option for saturday but I wish like hell I'd havegotten it today. o well, live and learn I guess

It is not listed as an option that is something you have to request over the phone... Saturday delivery is not always the most affordable option and we use it as more of a custom option.

any other time my fedex has always gotten here at about 10:30, now here it is 2:30 and still no motherboard. I gotta go to work in 30 minutes and no one will be here. This is stacking another day onto what should have been an overnight delivery and costing me money by the hour

I feel your pain. UPS is always late on the days I really need it early. Anyway, FedEx says by 3pm on standard overnight. They have 3 'overnight' options. Standard is the cheapest.

alright uscutter I'm about fed up with your stuff. I put my "new" motherboard in and yeah, my blade goes up and down but the bottom rollers constantly turn, as soon as you turn it on they start running, and there is nothing that will make them stop. I took it back apart twice and all the connections are right.

I have narrowed down the problem somewhat.  Something in this "new" motherboard is wired backwards.  To stop the rollors I have to physically push the red carriage reset button, and the controls are opposite, to move the carriage you have to press up and down, the rollers move with the side to side button.  When the carriage hits the reset it just keeps trying to go. obviously this is useless for cutting. I find it hard to believe that a company can remain in business with no form of quality control or testing on integral parts like a motherboard. This is getting ridiculous

It sounds as if you have reversed a connector or the actual connectors are reversed on the board... As I replied to your direct PM, I will give you the most urgent service on this issue. Please e-mail me the best number to reach you at first thing tommorow morning, my e-mail is: Brandond@uscutter.com

there is no way to reverse the connectors, they only go on one way, so they must be reversed on the board. You tell me which one controls this and I'll reverse it. I emailed you my number.. thanks brandon

alright brandon I have to apoligize, the connections were reversed on the board as compared to the old one, so when I laid out the wiring the connectors ran to the wrong place. I swapped them out and now I'm up and running. Thanks for your help

lol well its up and running and that's what matters. A little crow for breakfast never hurt anyone. As Ken used to say..when you've only got 2 ways to do something, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right the first time.

Well I would have suggested this yesterday but you were being very sensitive so I needed to be very sure of your issue before I explained what to do... US Cutter does test parts before we send them out, as of late I have been working to institute a full testing program of all our inventoried parts... All international shipments are tested again before they go out to avoid international shipping fees back and fourth for defective equipment or parts. We have created a flat rate repair fee of $90.00 plus parts to repair any cutter out of warranty. We are processing RMA's in under 7 days, where previously RMA's would just stack up over time... RMA's are cutters that are sent in for repair or refund...

Believe me when I say we are really overhauling things and establishing a true level of excellence! I appreciate your support CPWall and even more your apology (we very often never receive one of those).. We are here to help you whenever you need it!

Have fun cutting!