Sign in to follow this  
kneal4747

wet applications

Hi everyone. I am very new to the vinyl thing. I think I have the dry application process down, but I would like to know more about the wet application. I have read several forums on this subject, but fully don't understand it all. Would somebody lay out the steps for me, and maybe include how much time you have to move your vinyl around after applying, drying time, type of application paper needed, and anything else I might need to know. I did get a recipe from another posting, that I want to try as far as the rapid tac. I am mainly in need of this info., to apply vinyl to windows. Also, if you are vinyling a store front window, does the vinyl usually go on the outside, or inside of the window. These might be really crazy questions, but what the heck, I have learned so much from this forum. I really don't know what half of these people would do out there, if this forum wasn't available.    Thanks so much to everyone !!!!!

generally,on glass, you can move the vinyl around for quite a while until you squeegie.

As for the inside/outside thing...some do it one way and some the other. The theory is that inside,it doesn't get exposed to the weather.

I'm not a chemist, but I would think that by doing it on the inside,you are exposing the adhesive to ultra-violet rayes much more so than doing it on the outside,and this could possibly break down the adhesive.

I've made it a point to watch long-time pros work,and I've never seen one do a store window dry. It might just be that they don't want people to see them standing there popping bubbles,or making a bad install with everyone watching. Remember,that things like that not only advertise the business inside,but also YOUR business. I get LOTS of jobs from people asking others who did their work.

I only use PAPER tape for wet,never clear plastic. Try the clear and you will see why.