Sign in to follow this  
TonyTomahawk

Cutting Problems

I just installed Sign Cut and when i cut out my image it will put a diagnonal cut across the entire image. This line does not show up in any of the previews that I can see. Please Help.

Make sure you are importing in the right format.  I found that .eps and .ai work best for me.  I had that problem when I first used the software and it was because I was importing in the wrong format.

The new machines also have that USB-port and there is a technical problem with that, unfortunately. The vendor reccomend the use of 4800 Baud when using that connection and that is what we have found as well as nessesary. That setting must be done in both the plotter and in Signcut-X2.

A drawback with that is that the plotter does not remember that setting, so next time, if you forget to make that setting, you will get a communication problem.

So I wiould like to recommend the use of the RS232-port instead, that works great. If your computer lacks that port, then I suggest that you buy a USB to serial adapter instead! Try to find an adapter with the FTDI-cheap set, for instance they already have drivers for Windows VISTA.

With such an adapter you can use the standard settings for the communications, such as Baud-rate 9600.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using a laptop to run the plotter and only have the usb ports that I can find. I will look for the adapters that you mentioned and see if that will make a difference.

PS the motherboard went our yesterday during the first job I ran. Hopefully in the new motherboard the error has been corrected.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using a laptop to run the plotter and only have the usb ports that I can find. I will look for the adapters that you mentioned and see if that will make a difference.

PS the motherboard went our yesterday during the first job I ran. Hopefully in the new motherboard the error has been corrected.

I'm so happy  ;D my Dell Latitude C640 laptop has all the ports...

If you have a problem with the CD then you always have the ability to download the latest version from your web-account on our web-site.

http://www.sc-x2.com

To do that, choose "Customer login".

As you are logged in you will find the "DOWNLOAD"-button.

Please close SignCut-X2 and SignIt-X2 before installing that download.