Plucka

EH721 welcome screen and not cutting

Hi All,

I Think i put this in the wrong section so its now here.

I am from Australia and we just came across an issue with out EH721 Plotter.

We came across the welcome screen display, so we pressed the red button and things looked better but now it wont let us cut.

The Vinyl will scroll up and down so it will vut up and down but it will not cut across and we cannot move it in the pause/option button and try to manually move it the cutter will not move.

It is also jammed down and by that i mean when we give the unit power it straight away pushes the eedle down quite hard onto the paper so we had to remove it so we did not stuff up a tip.

the other thing is we are getting a small and the motor/unit where the needle sits is getting real hot and it started to smell.

If its a MB problem, where can i get them from (do we know of any agents in AUstralia.

Thanks again

Paul

Vinyl cutter model  EH721

Date purchased (Date is best, otherwise month and year) around 2007 december

Connection method (USB, serial, Parallel) Parallel

Software (Signcut, Artcut, Flexi, etc) Artcut

Operating system  Win XP

Material  Vinyl only

Paul... If you can take your machine apart and get me detailed pictures of the motherboard we may be able to get you a solid replacement.... Make sure we can see all the board details.

• Like 1

Brandon_Davis

I have the same machine as paul. But I am currently having problems with turning it on. It was working fine till one day it stopped. Thought it may have been the power supply so brought and replaced and it is still doing the same thing. When turned on the cutter head will move ever so slightly and thats it. Could it be the motherboard and do you supply motherboards for the refine eh721?

Brandon_Davis

I have the same machine as paul. But I am currently having problems with turning it on. It was working fine till one day it stopped. Thought it may have been the power supply so brought and replaced and it is still doing the same thing. When turned on the cutter head will move ever so slightly and thats it. Could it be the motherboard and do you supply motherboards for the refine eh721?

Brandon_Davis

Contact UScutter directly.  Give them a call.  This thread is from 2009...UScutter rarely reads any threads.   Faster if you call.

• Like 1

and Brandon no longer works for USC- I believe he works for leapfrog now or whatever the 3d printer is

if I recall correctly the Australian refines have a different MB than the us version - I know usc has the ones for the us version on their site

Hallo all

I have probelm with EH721 vynil cutter.

First letter in the word is problem for me.

I use only HTV Heat Transfer Vinyl Rolls.

Sofrware is CorelDRAW X7

Speed is 500 mm/s

Force is 70 g

Same problem I have when I used higher parameter.

Test square is OK.

Please, help me.

Cutter is new. 

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

IMG_20210221_211251_resized_20210221_093024503.jpg

IMG_20210221_211244_resized_20210221_093025615.jpg

IMG_20210221_211435_resized_20210221_093023441.jpg

• Like 1

Even though the test square is okay, it looks like your HTV is slipping during the cut. I would recommend you to try it with a tacky carrier sheet. I have to do that once in a while when I cut HTV. That would also prevent your vinyl from tenting and causing unnecessary scratches on the vinyl.

2 hours ago, sudoooo said:

Hallo all

I have probelm with EH721 vynil cutter.

First letter in the word is problem for me.

I use only HTV Heat Transfer Vinyl Rolls.

Sofrware is CorelDRAW X7

Speed is 500 mm/s

Force is 70 g

Same problem I have when I used higher parameter.

Test square is OK.

Please, help me.

Cutter is new. 

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

IMG_20210221_211251_resized_20210221_093024503.jpg

IMG_20210221_211244_resized_20210221_093025615.jpg

IMG_20210221_211435_resized_20210221_093023441.jpg

Offset is slightly off, betting too much blade e posted but I will guess you’re sun problem is that you decreases the pressure on the rollers to reduce marking.    

6our other 2 post were deleted and if you continue to repost the same thing a mod will have to approve all future post.