Sign in to follow this  
Hannam

Stick family

Hey guys

I have a bunch of stick people but i need a fishing dad I just dont have that one. Please and thanks.

Sweet thanks. That's just what I needed. Thanks again. ;D:) :) ;D

I will take all I can get. I sell a lot of these at the flee market. Thanks a bunch. ;D:);D:)

Sorry to bring an old post alive however it is related to the particular stick family that has been uploaded here.

I just got an email from some user on ebay saying he owns the copyright to this particular stick family.  I been going back and forth with this guy b/c he provides me with the copyright registration # however there is no picture attached to the copyright. 

How do I know if that is the right decal he is talking about or not.  So now I have forward this over to EBAY to see what they say.  But I would like your opinions on this as well.

Here is the copyright registration # VA0001667374

Now I have made changes to this particular stick family to make it easier to weed and what now.  Since I made changes doesnt it make that decal different now and not violating any copyright laws (if there are copyright laws on this particular decal).

I just did a quick search of that registration number.  It showed no pictures, but did give the name of the guy, his address and email.  I went to the website his email is from and sure enough, he does have that stick family...  But there is no way of knowing if that is what is copywritten.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=VA0001667374&Search_Code=REGS&PID=xA4MDPzRGGCvgtEk1DkNcu6Pg7iU&SEQ=20100609111359&CNT=25&HIST=1

Search the "Catalog of Copyright Entries." This was published in print from 1891 to 1978 and on microfiche from 1979 to 1982. Copies of the catalog can be found in many US. libraries. Works from 1978 to the present can be found via the Internet at the Library of Congress's automated catalog

Well Ebay is handling it now.  I figured since some of you guys that have downloaded this and will be using this image as well for customers. 

But since I made changes to the decal I wouldnt be violating any copyright issues correct?

Well Ebay is handling it now.  I figured since some of you guys that have downloaded this and will be using this image as well for customers. 

But since I made changes to the decal I wouldnt be violating any copyright issues correct?

does it look substantially the same and recognizable as the same people - if so yes you would be in violation

Anyone have a something like this but a lady in a wheelchair? Its for my aunt.

My friend draws all my stick families for me.  I just scan them and print em!  She charges a little, but PM me if anyone is interested!