Sign in to follow this  
go10go4

Screen printing vinyl?

Wonder if anyone has ever cut screen printing vinyl on their cutter. Ulano makes a stencil material for vinyl cutters that can be cut and applied to screen with water, then inked with Plastisol, then removed with water. I want to do some screen printing but have never used this, so don't know about its abilities. Thanks.

check out the 'instructional contributions' section of this forum. There is (or was) a video showing how to do exactly that.

John,

I think Bear used regular vinyl, which is able to stick to the screen because it's so tacky. The Ulano stencil actually ingrains itself into the screen like traditional stencils. This way there are no edges or lips that the ink can get under and ruin the screen print. Also, regular vinyl would degrade over time from the inks hitting it and reacting. The stencil material would last much longer. But I haven't done this personally; would like to hear from anyone who's actually used the vinyl cutter stencil material. I've got a call in to Ulano to find out more.