Sign in to follow this  
sjaguar13

Rounded Corners: Offset Issue?

I am using Vinyl Master Pro and all my cuts have been with rounded corners. I can't find anywhere on the cutter to change the offset. I can't even find it in Vinyl Master Pro. However, when I go offline with the PCut and hit pause to do a test cut, the corners are really rounded, like it's not a software issue. Where do I go to change the offset, or what would the problem be?

Could also be the XY setting on the PCut is not correct.

Paco

What version of VMP re you using?  If you have VMP Spooler 2.99 the offset setting is reached by clicking on the Plotter setup tab and then clicking on the Advanced button.  You will see Blade Comp. box there - most often used value is .25mm  -mine shows 0.2500 in this box.  My Copam has the blade offset setting - so the Blade Comp. setting is not being used in my VMP Spooler 2.99.  The box is unchecked beside this setting.  You should try setting yours to 0.2500 and checking this checkbox. 

I have seen an answer on the xy setting numbers for the Pcut (from kenimes I think) - I'll do a search after I post this and if I find the topic will post a link to it.

-Mike

With the pen in and the offset to 0 print a 150x100 square on paper.

Measure the printout and change the x and or Y setting on the Pcut untill the square is exact 150x100 mm.

Using a caliper would enhance the tolerance.

It is a try and error procedure.

Then put in the knife and start altering the offset in your cutting program from 0 to ? until the cut is OK.

Paco

Thinking about getting FlexiStarter, but would like to make sure that the offset is actually the problem. This only happens on small text. I can cut something 12 inches wide and it's perfect. I then make it 4 inches wide and it's rounded.

I would think that at 4 inches vs. 12 inches the corners shouldn't be different.  Just a suggestion if you want to try a different program to see if it helps get the Signblazer Elements demo.

Also you might call USCutter and ask if there is any offset adjustment on your cutter.

What version of VMP are you using?

-Mike

Does the Signblazer Elements demo allow you to cut? I tried the Flexi demo, but cutting, printing, and saving were all disabled.

I have VMP 2.5.

Signblazer Elements is a trial that lasts forever, and yes, you can cut with it.. This is alot of peoples main cutting signware.

US Cutter live help was entirely unhelpful. There's no settings on the cutter.

I changed blades from a new 60 degree carbide to 45 degree carbide. The 45 works better. I tried moving the blade in the front and back blade holders. The back works better. I tried increasing pressure and decreasing blade depth. That didn't make a difference. I tried slowing down the cutter and speeding it up. Cut speed 60 worked the best.

I don't get why the offset isn't consistently wrong or why the small test rectangle has rounded corners when cut directly from the cutter without any software. Do I change the offset depending on how big the graphic is?

Here are a few topics to help you see how offset works.  No - you shouldn't have to change it for different size cuts.  Just if you change to a blade with a different offset requirement.  All of them I use (45 and 60 degree) have .25mm for offset.  Try the SBE.

-Mike

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17829.0.html

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,16152.0.html

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,11663.msg90336.html#msg90336

If you like the SBE see this post for how to eliminate the startup delay.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,18816.msg147232.html#msg147232

I don't have this cutter, but from reading other threads,  the blade is supposed to be in the back holder.  pen in front holder. 

don't you have some kind of tutorial with your software?  Like maybe at the top of the screen it says HELP? most all do..

I will play around with SignBlazer tomorrow. I emailed the guy for the fix. I am hoping the offset fixes the issue. I am still thinking about going with FlexiStarter unless SignBlazer turns out to be pretty good. Vinyl Master Pro 2.5 is kinda lame.

There's nothing helpful in the help section of VMP.  Is SignForums.com free?

Signforums is free to an extent.  You can register and be able to log in and read and post messages.  There is some content that you need a higher rating to be able to download or participate in. You can gain greater access by payment of money or as you contribute to the forum your status can be upgraded (by the moderators I presume) - I haven't been on it enough to be sure of the details.  The VMP content is pretty sparse.

I think you may like Signblazer.  I use it some and wish they were still developing and selling the full version.  The demo version is quite capable and there are ways to do things like registration marks and some other things without the feature being enabled in the software.

I bought Vinylmaster Pro from a forum member and really like it. I have V2.95 and will upgrade if they ever release V3.0 - I think they are modeling their release dates after the Microsoft Any-Day-Now deadline schedule.  It's been in the works for many months - rumored to be worth the wait.  We'll see!

-Mike