Sign in to follow this  
Dbannon

Slander?

I had someone threaten to sue for slander for a calvin sticker that's floating around town. All he's peeing on is "Big Mikes". He has a Big Mikes Deli and grocery. Can He sue me? I looked up on the internet and there's more than 5 million big mikes. And it's supply and demand, right?

I doubt he will sue you for that. If he really wants to make your life miserable he might contact the owners of the calvin graphic and tell them that you are selling them. Who knows, nothing you can do about it at this point anyway. I wouldnt worry about it, he probably wont do anything.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but just in case he tries to pursue a slander case, I'm making a sign for my shop that says "Graphics made does not represent the oppinion of the business." or something like that just in case. Thanks for the input!

Maybe Calvin just enjoys peeing on Big Mikes.  I don't think you can assume that he is saying that Big Mikes is no good just because its his preferred location for relieving himself.

• Like 1

Yeah , that is the ticket  :thumbsup: ... Calvin thought a jelly fish stung Big Mike LOL  ;D

• Like 1

Why would you want a Calvin peeing on anything? Technically this is a violation of Bill Watterson's copyrighted work (Calvin and Hobbes). I've heard rumors that Watterson never copyrighted Calvin but I think that's a hoax....as some of those decal sellers had to change their graphics according to Wikipedia.

I think the Calvin peeing decals are pretty tacky in the first place. Why would you want to harm someone's rep who isn't even related to the other Big Mike's you have an issue with? I had an idea to have a peeing Calvin peeing on a peeing Calvin, but people would probably take it the wrong way (it would be a protest decal).

I don't necessarily think the customer has legal standing (other than copyright violations on your part) but I take issue with peeing Calvins due to copyright violation and tackiness.

WOW old topics being drug up from the grave?

I don't do any Calvin's becasue of the copyright issue.

I think the Calvin peeing decals are pretty tacky in the first place. Why would you want to harm someone's rep who isn't even related to the other Big Mike's you have an issue with? I had an idea to have a peeing Calvin peeing on a peeing Calvin, but people would probably take it the wrong way (it would be a protest decal).

I agree with ya, Nukleon. Vulgarity is not cool. You don't have to be profane to be profound!

-Chase

I wouldn't want another business mad at me either. We're in business to make money, and if we're upsetting possible businesses, that could reflect on us badly too.

Big Mike has no idea who you're talking about, but everyone in town only knows of one Big Mikes which is the deli.

Maybe Calvin just enjoys peeing on Big Mikes.  I don't think you can assume that he is saying that Big Mikes is no good just because its his preferred location for relieving himself.

:thumbsup:;D ;D Thanks, I needed that! ;D ;D ;D

• Like 1

Your customer paid you for a product.  He owns it and chooses to display it, not you.  The guy will not get anywhere with this and is just trying to scare you.

That being said .. why in the world would you agree to make a decal that you knew was meant to disrespect a local business when you are a local business person?

Where i come from that would be called "sh*ting too close to the fence".  NEVER a good idea.

the version of that saying that I always heard was " you don't sh*t where you eat "  :huh:

'you don't sh*t in your own nest' is what I always heard.

I guess it's a regional thing.