ShieldPromotions

The first Car I wrapped. (My Car)

Awesome job, especially for a first!  I can't wait until I can afford a VersaCamm or some such printer/cutter(Which i'm sure will be a long time down the road)

How hard is it to prep the car before wrapping? Is there about as much work in it as painting a car? What kind of vinyl did you use?

Your car looks pretty cool. Would like to try this sometime. Mike

The preping of the car is not that hard, all you need to do is wet sand it ( fine sandpaper with lots of soapy water ) you sand it very lightly, thats for the vinyl to hold on properly. I used a vynil specially for wraping vehicles 6000 series, after all the work is done I let it take sun for about a week before I sprayed three (3) coats of clear on it to give it that glossy finish.

Why did you wet sand? All you need to do Is use a good wax and grease remover.

I wet sanded because I wanted to get rid of the layer of CLEAR COAT that came with the car, and also the vinyl holds better when you do that.

Did you mean to spell "Shield" wrong? I mean it's spelled right in your username... just wondering? :thumbsup:

ps- i registered just to ask.

There really is no need to sand the car, like Hamlett said wash the car with a good degreaser like zep, remember to do around edges and thats all you need. I never even heard of anyone sanding the car. If you repaint a car like for if it has had body work done or just to change the clear coat, when the time comes to remove the wrap you WILL remove the aftermarket paint with it.

What kind  of clearcoat did you use? Do you use like Dupont or is there a special kind of clear you put over vinyl?

Thanks again Mike

Did you mean to spell "Shield" wrong? I mean it's spelled right in your username... just wondering? :thumbsup:

ps- i registered just to ask.

I did spell "SHIELD" wrong on purpouse...

What kind  of clearcoat did you use? Do you use like Dupont or is there a special kind of clear you put over vinyl?

Thanks again Mike

I used an ordenary clear coat that body shops use, nothing special.

it all looks cool. you might just want to watch how you finish the edges. make sure that they are wrapped all the way around. (i.e. the edges of the doors, where the body panels meet.)

for your first it looks great. i know that in southern, OH you can get up to a 1000$ for a wrap like that.

good job

it all looks cool. you might just want to watch how you finish the edges. make sure that they are wrapped all the way around. (i.e. the edges of the doors, where the body panels meet.)

for your first it looks great. i know that in southern, OH you can get up to a 1000$ for a wrap like that.

good job

Does that price includes designing, printing and installation??? just curious.