switchatvmc

layered multiple color graphics

lol, someone help me, i know there is a better way to do multiple color layeers than just guessing, Billy said something in one post about little boxes....but i dont really get it, a tutorial would be awesome

thanks all

I dont know what software you are using, but they should all be basically the same

What I do is i use one, sometimes 2 boxes, and i put a cirlce in mine...  You will use these to line up the vinyl once cut

I always start with the front color, in which our case is now red, and send it to the cutter.

then take the red out and load the black, and send that to the cutter...

Weed them both out (remove excess vinyl), leaving the circles on one copy, and the sqaures on the other copy...

Place your transfer tape on the top layer (red), clear tape is best for layering, and pull decal off the backing paper...

I take the old backing paper and place it under the letter part, and leave the boxes or circles exposed, now you can place the top layer onto the black layer and line up the circles in the boxes.

once you have them lined up perfectly, set the tape onto the back layer.

now hold the tape and the backing paper of the background color (black) and flip the top layer over to remove the backing paper that you put on the red top layer.

now press the top layer to the bottom layer, should be perfectly centered.

cut the registration squares/circles off the bottom and the decal is ready to apply

hope that this works, showing you would be easier, maybe i could make a video?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Guest fivestar

Taternuts that is a very good video.  It's a little different then the way I do it but the same basic concept.  VERY NICE

Thanks Guys... I just got my new Kodak Digital Camera and I like to play...  B)  If there is anything else that I can help you guys with, Don't be shy... Just ask... I may not be able to get to it immediately, but I'll be more than happy to assist...  I know getting started in the graphics business can be nerve racking...  Many Many times I have envisioned something in my head, but didnt know the steps to get there... I've wasted countless rolls of vinyl trying new things.  Like I said, Anything you guys are having trouble with, Just let me know and Ill try my best to help.

-Jason

this is awesome...

but since I have yet to even get a cutter...

I am wondering how in the heck you get the little dots and squares to be in the right spot

I know I am probably making it seems harder than it is but obviously I am a newbie who doesn't have a clue  B)

is there any video showing how you separate your colored layers on the computer before sending it to the cutter?  etc etc

Well, it all depends which software that you use... Most softwares have an alignment tool... you just draw your circle, then your square, and center them on both horizontal and verticle or however you spell it... I mainly use WinPCSign, which, from what it seems, is not a very popular program here in this cutting community... As soon as i figure how to capture images from my screen in video format, ill a video...

Here is a video how I do it...

you should have similar functions with the software that you are using...

I did this is three colors... Green as the background, black as the shadow, and red as the font.

wow...thanks for that but I see I have a whole lot to learn.

I don't even have a clue as to what commands or functions you were using there to create those layers etc.

:-

you say you used WinPCsign...

I am assuming it works well with the UScutters?B)

anyone here use the InkScape?

That's good stuff Man! I'm glad you have made some vids to help people out.I just never seem to have the time for that.Usually I have time to do a quick reply in the forum,and then it's back to the sweatshop.Dixie,If you do buy a cutter,use the signcut program that they budle with the cutters.They also have ink scape on the cd I believe.It's going to help you out when you are having problems running the program because it's the program that the majority of the people in this forum use.I think the one thing that most people miss with any program is the last item in the top of the program that reads "help".There is a lot of info to help you figure out the program.And if not,this forum and other forums are set up to try to help.Inkscape is an open source graphics program.It's as good as psp,just a little harder to manipulate.But being open source also makes it free.And they do upgrades for it occasionaly at no cost.

Its called AVI Screen Classic, or AVI Screen, cant rember.  Its freeware, i got it from download.com

OK...

I think I m complicating matters...or just can't see the obvious *shrugs*

who nows!!

I do know that I am having a HORRIBLE time trying to figure out how to create layered text or graphics.

I am using InkScape.  All this is new to me but I have succeeded in creating a vector image and some text together that I want to cut (as soon as my new cutter arrives) but I want it to be 2 colors or layers.  I am wanting this text and image to be a deep red but backed with white so as it appears trimmed in white.  Once I have my inage or text...how do I create the background layer for it? 

PHOENIX-DECAL-sm.jpg

That is Very Cool Tater... That you took time to make a video to help them very cool....

PS: the video not there anymore...?

My problem is I need to find time and maybe a cd training class for Sign Cut and Flexi. My main business has been the cnc cutting and this is ( i hope) the fill in to keep me going.

I'm such a novice I feel STUPID........