locknload1

DIY portable tape roll holder...

Inspired by another similar posting I decided to make a $12.00 tape roll holder to use wherever I need to make decals on the fly.

I sometimes cut stuff for the family or my kids to keep, give away or sell at school and events and let them make a little extra cash so this comes in handy if I don't want to do the weeding and I don't want anyone messing around in my shop.

I used 1/2" PVC because I have some smaller core inserts I wanted to use but 3/4 works fine as well.

RG

post-4721-1298654098198_thumb.jpg

post-4721-12986541000177_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

thats a great idea!  Simple and best of all... inexpensive!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

That looks good !  :thumbsup:

The PVC caps are screwed to the clamps from the inside right ?

I might add a "T"  facing forward + an 90* elbow sideways on both sides with a cross member before the top elbows so you can run the tape

underneath to keep tension ..... that's not clear at all right  ;D ? If I end up doing it I'll post pics

That looks good !  :thumbsup:

The PVC caps are screwed to the clamps from the inside right ?

I might add a "T"  facing forward + an 90* elbow sideways on both sides with a cross member before the top elbows so you can run the tape

underneath to keep tension ..... that's not clear at all right  ;D ? If I end up doing it I'll post pics

The 1/4 nut and bolts are screwed through the caps into the clamps.

I tried it with a cross member for tension but then changing roll width required me to change two pieces of PVC instead of one, went back to this original design for simplicity sake.

RG

Great idea and flexible when your toilet paper roller has broken too.

Paco

• Like 1

Great idea and flexible when your toilet paper roller has broken too.

Paco

Careful where you clip it! :thumbsup:

I tried it with a cross member for tension but then changing roll width required me to change two pieces of PVC instead of one, went back to this original design for simplicity sake.

RG

Seems simple enough, my (newbie) question is: The glue on the tape is pretty good, it seems to me that pulling on 12" or 24" tape will pull this thing off the table.  How do you keep it standing upright?

JOhn ><>

RG

Seems simple enough, my (newbie) question is: The glue on the tape is pretty good, it seems to me that pulling on 12" or 24" tape will pull this thing off the table.  How do you keep it standing upright?

JOhn ><>

I've used it with 6,8,12 & 24 inch standard app tape with no issue, the clamps are really tight and hold fast.

RG

Found this at IKEA and so far it works great.. and was only $14.99

Part #: 000.114.28

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00011428/?query=000.114.28

I just left out a few of the bars when I put it together, then I screwed it to a piece of wood (since its wider than my table) and then used shelf brackets to secure it to the end of my table. I'm going to add knobs to the bar that the rolls of tape go on so its easier to remove (instead of keeping the allen wrench near by). And/or replacing the screws with studs so that it can spin freely.

post-11930-0-21797200-1346702979.jpg

• Like 1