KrunkuliticusIII

simple ways to "vectorize" graphics?

I have some nice pieces i need to cut that are already created from photoshop and illustrator. I know what formats can be imported into signblazer but when i try to open a illustrator .ai file it instantly gives a error and closes down. I managed to bypass that problem by changing the file to a .tiff and it imported but no layers. Then had to monochrome the graphic then vectorize. That whole phase cuts out some details of the graphic. Is there a way to import files into signblazer already as vectors? i tried the pen tool and dont know if it will work in eps or ai format as a vector. Please help i thought  knew about vector.

I have the same problem when I vector images in SB.  I am sure I just need to learn the software some more.  But what file types are there that SB will cut.

I use Inkscape to vectorize,import into SB with no problems.

nothing to master in Inkscape. Open Image, click"trace bitmap"...adjust a bit if needed,and save as .eps.

BTW,it can be any image,not just a bitmap.

ok didnt realize inkscape didnt cost haha, thanks bannerjohn!

i'm working it out as i type. I do have a issue with signblazer erroring out when ever i try to open a eps or ai but maybe it will be different from this software, wont be able to try it till tomorrow night. Thanksagain i'll let you know how it goes!

yes inkscape is not bad at all, especially considering it was free and pretty easy to use. Still kinda had to rebuild some of my pieces but thats ok, atleast now i know their vector. Now i import into signblazer no prob, and goto cut and it errors out in the middle of the job and shuts down ;) any suggestions?

Also, is there a way to save work to where i can import it with layers? dont want to have to rebuild yet again. I try not to go past 3 layers or colors. ANyone?;)

I experienced the same problem.

When exporting or saving your file from AI save as version 8 or less (you may have to experiment with what works for you).

I have AI CS2 and cant import to SB unless I dummy down the image when exporting.

Bill

yes, thankyou i've actually gotten pretty deep into cutting. Inkscape was just what i needed and earlier was shown to that exact link hahah i already love it but still vectorize in inkscape. Thanks again

I have some nice pieces i need to cut that are already created from photoshop and illustrator. I know what formats can be imported into signblazer but when i try to open a illustrator .ai file it instantly gives a error and closes down. I managed to bypass that problem by changing the file to a .tiff and it imported but no layers. Then had to monochrome the graphic then vectorize. That whole phase cuts out some details of the graphic. Is there a way to import files into signblazer already as vectors? i tried the pen tool and dont know if it will work in eps or ai format as a vector. Please help i thought  knew about vector.

Hello ----

We have a service for EPS or AI files or any other which you cannot open in SignBlazer.

Simply email your files to

import@signblazer.net

They are emailed back as SignBlazer files.

Usually almost immediately.

Mostly we use our new postscript interpreter in next year's version of SignBlazer to open these files.

Of interest today i had 6 files send to us this morning.

They were all EPS files.

I have almost every sign software package there is made and the latest Corel and Illustrator.

Nothing would open these files except next year's SignBlazer and Illustrator CS3.

Jerry from SignBlazer.