Rob28x

New scam going around? (Maybe I just haven't seen it posted)

I had an e-mail come through and it has to be some kind of a scam....

Hello,

I am Miss Lisa Lawson.i will like to know if you do custom made me banners,for my orphanage church? The name of the my church is Church Of  Christe, I need a 3 x 8 banners to support orphanage programme.Below is the writtings i want on the 3 x 8 banners for the orphanage church programme.

Banner type        :  Vinyled Banners

Description        :  Vinyled 12/14 ounce banner

Quantity            :  30

Side(s)            :  Single sided

Height              :  36 in width: 96"

Background color    :  White

Text              :  IN GOD WE TRUST

Text color          :  Red

ArtWork            :  No Art Work

Edges sewn and grommets needed

Do find out and let me  know if you can get them by 5 bussines day for me or if not let me know the date you can complet all the 30 banners but i will be sending a shipping company to come and pick up from your store when the 30 banners are ready to the orphanage church location for me.what method of payment do you accpet ? find out and get back to me with the final quote and tax charges of the 30 banners without delivery charges so that i will get back to you with my payment info for you toi proceed with the full payment first and start working on the 30 banners for me,What method of payment do you accept as payment ? i will like you to contact me back through my contact email address and i will get back to you ,thank you for your co-operation.i hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards

Miss Lisa Lawson

Thank You.

Anyone else ever get that or a similar e-mail?

I assume there will be a part 2 where she will say she has this money order for about 2k over the amount that you will charge her and she will ask you to cash the check/money order and send her the part that is left over and never come and pick up the banners.

Or she will ask for your bank account info to wire the money to you and when she gets it you will have an empty account!!

I had this happen when i was selling live coral from my reef tank. They sent me these money orders that looked real but where not. As a matter of fact they where so real the phone # on the money order was to the real place and I gave them the # that was on the check. They told me it was fake. I was out almost 5k of my corals!! I still have the fake money orders hanging on my wall to remind me of how some people can be! I hope this helps

I assume there will be a part 2 where she will say she has this money order for about 2k over the amount that you will charge her and she will ask you to cash the check/money order and send her the part that is left over and never come and pick up the banners.

Or she will ask for your bank account info to wire the money to you and when she gets it you will have an empty account!!

I had this happen when i was selling live coral from my reef tank. They sent me these money orders that looked real but where not. As a matter of fact they where so real the phone # on the money order was to the real place and I gave them the # that was on the check. They told me it was fake. I was out almost 5k of my corals!! I still have the fake money orders hanging on my wall to remind me of how some people can be! I hope this helps

Yep, standard overcharge scheme.  "Accountant/Clerk wrote the check wrong, etc"  If you want to have fun with it, you can respond and drag them along, it can be amusing.

419eater.com  <<  Hilarious scammer baiting