KrunkuliticusIII

Assistance needed with mastering the pcut!!!

i'm past the proper port communication, also reigned victorus with the lcd block phase. OMG i can get it to move, i'm destroying step by step so i decided to try a circle on a piece of printer paper. One question, how do i line the paper up right so the blade cuts the shape out? Or what am i doing wrong. Would like to have some show pieces for other fourms around here with tshirst that i sold, if i can get this down before saturday.

Welcome to our forums!

You can load the material anywhere in the cutter really, as long as you set the carriage over the material before you tell it to cut.

ok, got that now a new question. I have a pcut 1200 and the instruction booklet shows a close model but not exactly it. Dont quit know how i got the stand setup correctly but it took alot of logic and looking at pics online hahha but anyways it was the same situation when installing the blade, are thier any pic instructions specific to my cutter model? cause now it stays over the paper (set size in software also) but the blade wont touch the paper, dont know if i put the blade on the holder wrong or what. Also, is it safe to use a exacto knife instead?

Do not use a exacto knife. My pcut 630 blade was pre installed. Attached is a users guide see page 7 (blade install)

well i'll have to scan the parts that i have in and send them to you, because they just dont seem to matchup with the instructions. I will do that shortly. At the moment i was just playing with signblazer and everytime i open a ai. file it says something about a "unrecoverable error" then completely shuts down on me. The only way i can get it not to do this is to only import .tiff files but i figured .ai would allow for layers to be sent from photoshope, staying with it but its slowly becoming frustrating especially having to possible rebuild graphics i've already designed because of bitmap. sorry but yes i need more help.

when you say that the blade doesn't touch the paper,do you mean when you try to cut? Or just when it is idle?

For what it's worth, the blade may be your biggest obstacle. My blade and the manual are very different. I don't know that I have the blade set as intended, but it cuts only the way I have it set up. In the manual it appears that the blade adjustment screw is on top, with the blade extending out of the holder on the bottom. In reality, I found I have to reverse this, so that the adjustment screw is actually on the bottom - with the holder end at the top. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this, but this is the only way I could get it to function.

yes bannerJohn, when i try to cut. But i do believe i just need to get the blade in right. Thankyou go1014! All i'd really need is some sort of pic of the blade put together and i should be able to take care of the rest on my end. Who knows i just might have it right but a different issue to fix ;)

As far as my software questions i'll take that to the signblazer fourm, there has gotta be a easier way to import my graphics without haveing to almost rebuild them in that software, i'm a photoshop guru for goodnes sake!

what is you downforce setting? I can't think why you are having problems with the blade. In my case,I just stuck the blade in the holder,dropped the holder into the carriage,tightened it down,and I was good to go.

Krunk,

I think it's page 6 in the manual. It shows a blade holder different from that which was shipped. The one the comes with the machine has both ends about equally sized in diameter - not one end smaller. That's confusing. What I found is that the adjusting screw - the end that has the o-ring with the screw adjuster - must be face down toward the vinyl. This is opposite of what appears in the manual. The end that is non-adjustable is facing skyward. However, the blade extends (of course) through the adjustable end that is placed toward the vinyl. I think this is the exact opposite of what is shown in the manual. This is the only way I can get the cutter to work.

Make certain that the blade extends only slightly below the adjustable screw end as set up in the above paragraph. The picture in the manual shows a blade extension that's probably protruding more than it really should. The end of the blade only has to be visible for about 1/8" below the adjuster screw to make the cuts. Anything more can score and ruin the vinyl.

Hope this helps. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Ok now its cutting, will almost cut a full circle but the paper keeps getting shreaded might have some questions for that later. Is it possible to do any print & cut on this thing? dont tell me rolands are the only oe, i know there is some manual way to do this task also.

Krunk,

My guess would be that the paper is shredding because the blade is extending too far out of the holder. If you unloosen the adjusting screw and push the blade in a little further, it may solve this issue. At least, that's what I experienced. Check you blade pressure also to make sure the blade isn't pressing down too hard.

As far as print/cut, it isn't going to happen. Yes there are machines that can do this, but they are very expensive. The unit you have probably came with a plotter pen, which will allow you to "draw" on a non-vinyl surface. These units are called plotter/cutters for a reason. If you have ever done anything with AutoCAD (construction design program), you know that the output is sent to a plotter, which is basically a large, wide-format printer, in order to make "blueprints." It looks very similar to a vinyl cutter. This cutter can be used as a plotter if need be. It's best use is as a cutter for vinyl, however.