Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

PRINT CUT

Guest Terry

I would like to see them come out with a print cut plotter. The Roland is way out of my price range.

Terry

OOPS, I see that has been posted before.

That would be nice, but we try and offer affordable cutting solutions, and the print/ cut units start around $15,000.

;)

Guest Terry

I wonder if you could print out a graphic on my encad... Then place the vinyl back into the cutter to cut? lots of testing to reg the cut in the same spot as the graphic.

It would work though.

Terry

I have heard that it would work, but lining everything up and setting it properly in the software is trying.

Guest Terry

This would be easy for gradient color text.... Print out one sheet with colors blending, then place it in cutter to cut the graphic fonts out of it.

they actually have a vinyl that you can print on in your regular printer, I forget who makes it, but all you have to do is print, and then cut, (alot harder than it sounds).  it is a pain getting it to line up, but for simple color fades you can actually use some krylon in a rattle can, and then clear coat on just about all types of vinyl

Guest Terry

Yes I have all kinds of printable vinyl in 24-36 width. I use airbrushes to fade or fog blend etc... The paint can does not give a nice detailed fine spray.

Terry - What model Encad do you have - I just picked up a novajet pro 50" but haven't got around to using it yet . . .