Sign in to follow this  
mich

Help! Giant size issue with PCUT630 and SignCut X2

Hi Guys,

I'm running out of ideas here and I wonder whether you guys can cast an eye on my problem? I've got the PCUT630 on an iMac and am using SignCut to 'try' to cut some vinyl. For some bizarre reason the plotter always seems to amplify the size of the image I am wanting to cut. All I'm trying to do here is to cut a 15cm x 5cm decal and the thing goes beserk. It rolls all the way to the end of the vinyl (a couple of meters......) and then starts cutting in HUGE size. I've already wasted loads of material because of this and I just cannot get it to work properly.

I can cutout the 30x30 frame with SignCut in the correct size and I can also cut the small square in the right size directly from the plotter menu. What on EARTH is going on here??? Please help! :)

Many thanks!

Mich

So you have already tried calibrating through SignCut? What are your X-Scale and Y-Scale values in the setup menu of the cutter?

So you have already tried calibrating through SignCut? What are your X-Scale and Y-Scale values in the setup menu of the cutter?

Not sure how to calibrate the plotter through SignCut. Any hints would be appreciated! :) In terms of the X-Scale and Y-Scale values, they're both around 27800... not the exact numbers because I'm responding from work, but if you need the exact numbers I can confirm tonight. Did another cut earlier btw, just a small circle of 3x4cm created in Inkscape, saved as EPS and then opened in SignCut. SignCut recognizes the size as 3x4cm but when it then sends it to the plotter it tries to cut a circle of about 60-80cm in size!!! :thumbsup: This is mad!

might be wrong but it sounds like it is trying to cut in inches instead of cm.

might be wrong but it sounds like it is trying to cut in inches instead of cm.

This could obviously be a typical 'looser' error, but right now I just don't get it...  :- I checked the size/scale setup in SignCut and its set to either mm or cm. Doesn't make a difference either. So I cannot see whether the plotter is 'amplifying' the drawing or whether SignCut is going mental on me? I'll try a Windows XP machine tonight to see what happens with the original software that came with the plotter....  :)

Have just run the 'calibrate cutter' option from SignCut to cut out that 300mm x 300mm square. It does that just fine and the square is the right size.... Not tried the Windows option yet but will have a look at it later.

MICH!!! I CAN HELP YOU.... CALL ME 1-888-298-8143 x7113

Lets get this put to bed... If you don't want to call open a trouble ticket http://support.uscutter.com

-BD

Hi Brandon, you star! I'll give you a ring at some point this week once I get the time. Terribly busy at the moment. I really appreciate the offer for help! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mich