doodman

Connecting a Graphtec fc4100-75 to a windows vista

I just bought a graphtec and i cant seem to get it to connect to computer every time i send a job it says cannot open port. Can anyone please help me got alot of work to do...=) i was using a US REFINE but i lost the software to that. anyways i guess one problem at a time! thankx Derrick

I am using the graphtecusb port when i send the job it says cannot open port im currently using windowsxp but their isnt a driver on the disk for vista or xp do you know where i can get one? i think i might have found one but it will not up load on my pc correctly...please help me!lol im almost wanting to give up.. i really do appreciate all the advice i can get

Did you check Graphtec America site? I'm not sure what type of plotter you have, I use the FC8000-75. Also if you go into your control manager, you may want to check your ports. Sometimes you will see USB001 or USB printer_0, these would be options as well. Just try these ports. Meanwhile download the drivers from www.graphtecamerica.com

doodman did you ever get this going? I think we talked to each other on the phone a week and half ago but that might have been someone else who needed similar help....