Sometimes when I remove a cup from the press, the lettering will kind shadow up. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?.

Can you expand on this a little? A cup? Press? Shadow up? Not quite sure what you are talking about here.

When I would take the cup out of the press, it looked good, but after a few minutes the black lettering was running up the cup. It sort of looked like placing a lite candle against a wall. Am I leaving it in too long (60 sec.)?.

Hi,

Its not guaranteed to work and only a thought, but try having a cold bowl / bucket of water next to your press, as soon as your done put the cup into the bucket of water, this should close up the "pores" and hopefully prevent any ink travelling, if this doesnt work then maybe try a different mug supplier? Ive had issues with the cheaper mugs, decided to pay an extra 30p a mug for the quality, Ive just added 15p onto my prices and ill cover the other 15p from my profits, if its a case of losing customers then its alwas worth it.

Hope the bucket of water tip helps you out, a brief reasoning why this MAY help is as followed:

The poly coating on the mug is somewhat like skin, when it heats up, it opens up (like a humans pores would) and naturally when it cools down the close. If the pores remain open there is a chance of ink spreading upwards so with a bucket of water you can close them very quickly.

Another reason this may occur (again just a thought) may be due to too much or too little pressure.

Anyway good luck try these tips and my fingers are crossed for you.

I would agree with Acacia about cooling quickly, warm water or room temp would be fine, just enough to get temp of the cup/mug down quickly from 380 where most black inks sublimate.  Also insure transfer is tight to the mug going into the press (tape to both ends of transfer) and smooth (use a damp sponge to smooth paper before attaching).  Cool quickly when removing from press before removing transfer paper.

I would agree with Acacia about cooling quickly, warm water or room temp would be fine, just enough to get temp of the cup/mug down quickly from 380 where most black inks sublimate.  Also insure transfer is tight to the mug going into the press (tape to both ends of transfer) and smooth (use a damp sponge to smooth paper before attaching).  Cool quickly when removing from press before removing transfer paper.

+1 - warm water nearby is a must