Sign in to follow this  
DUTCH

Lettering

I need to make some lettering with a "SHADOWED " effect but all the way around.  I would like to be able to type a word and then replicate and finally modify the text so that I can cut two sets of the same text on different colors and finally place the smaller of the two on top.  The problem I have is a white canopy onto which I need to print orange vinyl lettering and I am sure it will not get the effect intended.  Therefore, I would like to put black behind the orange to make it stand out.

So, is it really an outline you want and not a shadow? Thy Manipulate + Inline/Outline.

Yes essentially an outline but I would like one set of cut lettering of BLACK to say "OVHA" and then I would like to be able to cut another set in orange which would fit directly over the black essentially giving the orange [smaller set] a black background.

Please excuse my ignorance.  I am not sure what will actually be cut when I send this to the cutter.  I'll give it a try but am not sure of the actual process and what to weed?  I will actually be cutting this twice right?  I want to cut the entire background [black] and then cut only the orange - I guess that is possible but I just don't know the mechancis.

HOLD ON - I'VE GOT IT.  It takes a bit of reverse thinking but I did figure it out and now understand how the software works.  I will experiment a bit more but I am now sure I can get it.  Thanks for your understanding!

T DUTCH

Good. It helps to make a couple of registration marks that cut in the same location in both colors to help align them.