harmfulgraphics

22x28 mirror

Looks like a bit of detail to me. Did you use etched vinyl or armour etch? It looks good!

Christi

Guest Schramm

That is nice is it vinyl on the mirror?

Guest Schramm

I would think that the clouds are just that clouds as the mirror looks like it is outside so a better pic can be taken.  Trust me mirrors are terrible to take pics of and then have then still look like mirrors.

Rob

This was done using vinyl as a stencil and sandblasted on the back side.  Then painted over the blasted area using black enamal paint.  Yes, those are real clouds.  The photo was taken outside and it is true, mirrors are hard to take good pictures of.  The only thing worse is taking a picture of a light.

Harm

Guest kenya

Nice detail..... looks great  ;D

when you blast from the outside you don't remove the whole backing right ? I mean, the gray paint covering the silver.

I know the answer since it will be dumb to strip the whole thing chemically to blast your design.

By any chance do you have a pic of the backside?

when you blast from the outside you don't remove the whole backing right ? I mean, the gray paint covering the silver.

I know the answer since it will be dumb to strip the whole thing chemically to blast your design.

Start by making a stencil.  Do this by weeding your vinyl as a negative.  Also remember to cut your vinyl using your mirror tool (reverse) since the vinyl will be on the back side of the mirror.  Place your stencil on the back side of the mirror and blast away the silvering, leaving only glass.  Yes it will look frosted.  Remove your vinyl, clean the mirror, add paint.  Thats about it.

I do not have a pic of the backside right now.  Next time I make one I'll get a shot of the back.

Harm

are you using sandblast mask or just good old 651? also what blast media / air pressure? awesome job!!!

Start by making a stencil.  Do this by weeding your vinyl as a negative.  Also remember to cut your vinyl using your mirror tool (reverse) since the vinyl will be on the back side of the mirror.  Place your stencil on the back side of the mirror and blast away the silvering, leaving only glass.  Yes it will look frosted.  Remove your vinyl, clean the mirror, add paint.  Thats about it.

I do not have a pic of the backside right now.  Next time I make one I'll get a shot of the back.

Harm

Hey Harm, I think I didn't express myself correctly.

My question was if you remove the backing paint, which covers the silvering, or if you just go and blast everything and repaint only the blasted area or re back the whole back surface.