Sign in to follow this  
mudeater18

Purchased Defective Oracal 651 from USC ....Anyone else...?

yes and the only person who seems to agree with you, is YOU.

MudEater ( you never did explain your member name B)  ;D ) ,

What do you think should be done at this point ? What is reasonable ? I don't think there has been any intentional  " wrong " done by either party . You have been reasonable & not dramatic so I think you & USCutter can settle this reasonably & go on ( as you said in a post ) . 

MudEater ( you never did explain your member name B)  ;D ) ,

What do you think should be done at this point ? What is reasonable ? I don't think there has been any intentional  " wrong " done by either party . You have been reasonable & not dramatic so I think you & USCutter can settle this reasonably & go on ( as you said in a post ) . 

I am a Dirt Track racer and my car #is 18, hence the name Mudeater18. I agree, I don't feel it was anyones intentional wrong doing, just a mistake. That's why I don't understand why they have been so insistant on not fixing the mistake, which might cost them $25 at most and would probably be reimbursed to them by Oracal. This could have been solved along time ago without hard feelings and future business lost. If USC would send the 2 rolls of replacement vinyl to the shipping address on my account, nothing else would ever be said. It's pretty simple and all I asked for almost 2 months ago.

post-5535-12986540594285_thumb.jpg

post-5535-12986540607368_thumb.jpg

BannerJohn

Global Moderator

Super Hero Member

Re: Purchased Defective Oracal 651 from USC ....Anyone else...?

You had 2 rolls of defective vinyl??? I have gotten ahold of some bad vinyl but it was siser easyweed and was replaced by the company no questions asked. I had purchased 4 rolls of white siser easy weed and one was bad.  I didnt have to send the bad stuff back but I would have happily sent it back as well as the shirt it was STUCK to ( couldnt even pull the backing sheet off!) AS someone else pointed out, some is easier to weed than others, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by defective vinyl since you used both rolls entirely. To me defective vinyl is when you cannot use it at all. You applied it all to vehicles and got paid for it and now you discover it was the wrong vinyl? Are you planning on going back to all the owners of these vehicles and tell them you used not only defective vinyl but the wrong stuff as well? Applying vinyl to a vehicle paint job makes me nervous, I mean if you use the wrong stuff you could ruin someones paint job and then be sued!  I always check to make sure I am using the correct vinyl for the job. Personally I wouldnt have used the "defective" vinly to begin with, I do agree that if there was something wrong with it, USCutter should replace it at no cost to you, free shipping both ways if they wanted the defective stuff back. If you buy something at walmart, lets say a shirt or a computer, really no matter what it is, you CANNOT walk in walmart and say, hey uh, the computer you sold me is junk I want a replacement! Especially if you do not have the offending piece of junk in hand! If I go to a restaurant and my steak is not cooked the way I like it and the way I asked, I let the wait staff know right away and send it back, I wouldnt eat the whole thing and then complain about it!

I know for a fact there is defective vinyl out there, and you have the right to want uscutter to make it right however, you lose ground because you used both rolls entirely so it couldnt have been but so defective, and if you recieved the wrong vinyl, it was thier mistake but you used it so now its your mistake ( that is how your customers are going to look at it)

Had you not used the "defective" vinyl you would more than likely had a strong leg to stand on, and uscutter should have ( in a timely manner) at thier cost replaced the vinyl as well as paid the shipping on the return.

Just my .02

BannerJohn

Global Moderator

Super Hero Member

Re: Purchased Defective Oracal 651 from USC ....Anyone else...?

Guest fivestar

So is it defective or just the wrong type?  I'm kind of confused on exactly what the problem is. 

Mud ,

I like your demeanor & humor  B) . As a bystander , when I read all of this , after using the rolls ( even though i understand the time issue ) getting 2 replacement rolls might not seem reasonable to some . It depends on how it is thought about . If you intend to replace what you unintentionally made with the 641 , then ... it seems reasonable . I suggest for you not to do anything with the customer(s) at this time . If the decals don't hold up  , make it right ( a discount on replacements ) Wait & see if Oracal or USCutter does something to make you happy again . USCutter is very good about that type of thing , but a business has to be run as a business & the new management needs to go by company policy until or IF it is decided to ignore policy in certain situations .

At the very least You & everybody that has read this will make sure the vinyl is what it is supposed to be if problems like you experienced happens . Lessons like this can help & might turn into a huge savings in future projects .  ;D

You had 2 rolls of defective vinyl??? I have gotten ahold of some bad vinyl but it was siser easyweed and was replaced by the company no questions asked. I had purchased 4 rolls of white siser easy weed and one was bad.  I didnt have to send the bad stuff back but I would have happily sent it back as well as the shirt it was STUCK to ( couldnt even pull the backing sheet off!) AS someone else pointed out, some is easier to weed than others, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by defective vinyl since you used both rolls entirely. To me defective vinyl is when you cannot use it at all. You applied it all to vehicles and got paid for it and now you discover it was the wrong vinyl? Are you planning on going back to all the owners of these vehicles and tell them you used not only defective vinyl but the wrong stuff as well? Applying vinyl to a vehicle paint job makes me nervous, I mean if you use the wrong stuff you could ruin someones paint job and then be sued!  I always check to make sure I am using the correct vinyl for the job. Personally I wouldnt have used the "defective" vinly to begin with, I do agree that if there was something wrong with it, USCutter should replace it at no cost to you, free shipping both ways if they wanted the defective stuff back. If you buy something at walmart, lets say a shirt or a computer, really no matter what it is, you CANNOT walk in walmart and say, hey uh, the computer you sold me is junk I want a replacement! Especially if you do not have the offending piece of junk in hand! If I go to a restaurant and my steak is not cooked the way I like it and the way I asked, I let the wait staff know right away and send it back, I wouldnt eat the whole thing and then complain about it!

I know for a fact there is defective vinyl out there, and you have the right to want uscutter to make it right however, you lose ground because you used both rolls entirely so it couldnt have been but so defective, and if you recieved the wrong vinyl, it was thier mistake but you used it so now its your mistake ( that is how your customers are going to look at it)

Had you not used the "defective" vinyl you would more than likely had a strong leg to stand on, and uscutter should have ( in a timely manner) at thier cost replaced the vinyl as well as paid the shipping on the return.

Just my .02

And that's the point. They made a mistake,and you made an ever bigger one.

The most important thing in the sign biz is to check everything...more than once. Check the spelling,check the alignment.etc. When I order pre-made banners I unroll and check every single one to make sure I got what I paid for. When I order vinyl (usually 8 rolls at a time,often more) I check every roll before I make a single cut to make sure it's the right stuff. Before I do a banner or sign I send a proof..and don't cut a thing til I get approval. Perhaps this attention to detail is a bit overboard, but it has kept me from re-doing a single job in the last 4 years.

I really hope you get your free rolls of vinyl. But don't wait for it if you have other jobs to do.

So is it defective or just the wrong type?  I'm kind of confused on exactly what the problem is. 

he said (in an email to me) that it was defective because it was hard to get off the liner. He also said that he did it vinyl down,with the liner facing him,yet didn't notice the 741 printed on it until after he used 50 yards.

Yea- he either got fed up with the run around and being called a liar, or he was just here to bash USC and promote another seller. I am leaning towards the latter seeing as how he has not been back.

Sorry, it's the former, not the latter !

I stand corrected and I apologize. Not sure why I gave USC the benefit of the doubt. I am a retard.

:thumbsup:

Guest round2racing

I would say...........

If you didn't like the vinyl, you should not have used it.

I would have returned everything, even cut sections, so they could see what was wrong.

If I order a burger from BK without onions, and I take a bite into an onion, I take it back to the counter.

I don't eat it then ask for a refund because there was onions on it.

I give them the burger so they can see it has onions.

Taco story, but I don't like tacos..........lol

I would say...........

I would have returned everything, even cut sections, so they could see what was wrong.

If I order a burger from BK without onions, and I take a bite into an onion, I take it back to the counter.

As I said before. I would not have used it if I had another choice. But I had a deadline to meet on the job I was doing, and had no other vinyl to use, so I used it. I wasn't going to let my customer pay for someone elses mistake. In my business, if I promise a job by Friday, I deliver on Friday.

I would say...........

As I said before. I would not have used it if I had another choice. But I had a deadline to meet on the job I was doing, and had no other vinyl to use, so I used it. I wasn't going to let my customer pay for someone elses mistake. In my business, if I promise a job by Friday, I deliver on Friday.

And there just was no way for you to get vinyl shipped to you by next day air from another supplier? If you ran into a case like this, you could've asked USC to pay for those shipping costs because they created this hardship for you.

you lose. you used the entire roll. it was not defective, just a type that you've not worked with before.

suck it up. then shut up.

Fellers has locations all over the country. Unless a person is in Alaska Or Hawaii, UPS ground would be next day almost anywhere. Two days at most.

Personally, I never let myself get down to just one roll of any basic color,esp the black that I use most. But, I am a full time business. I keep what I need in stock and plan ahead for everything that could go wrong. THAT is how I keep my customers happy. I also have two cutters. All the vinyl in the world won't do any good if a cutter stops working. THAT is also a mark of a professional.

Whether USC steps up to the plate or not, there is a lesson to be learned here...never cut it that close.

Guest round2racing

Personally, I always make sure my vinyl is in stock and is good vinyl before giving a delivery.

By taking that extra step, it keeps me from looking bad later.

If I don't happen to have the color, I explain that to the customer and I add a day or so to the delivery date.

Works for me.

I would say...........

And there just was no way for you to get vinyl shipped to you by next day air from another supplier? If you ran into a case like this, you could've asked USC to pay for those shipping costs because they created this hardship for you.

you lose. you used the entire roll. it was not defective, just a type that you've not worked with before.

I would say...........

You're right I could have asked USC to pay for the shipping and I'm sure I would have gotten the same run around as I've been getting ! That's hilarious, but you're right "I could have asked !" As for the vinyl not being defective... were you here ? If you weren't then I suppose you have no idea whay you're talking about... :- In my opinion, if it has to be heated with a hair dryer to release it from the backing paper...IT'S DEFECTIVE. As for using the whole roll, it was 50 truck door decals. All 50 were cut, before the problem was known. At that point it was too late to re-order before they were due out. As for suck it up and shut up...I'll be glad to meet with you in person any time and you can try and tell me that to my face.. if you think you're man enough.

... As for suck it up and shut up...I'll be glad to meet with you in person any time and you can try and tell me that to my face.. if you think you're man enough.

Wow. My first online 'challenge.'  Sorry, I don't bother with call outs like that. I've got better things to do with my time.  lol_hitting.gif

Aren't we done with this thread yet?

sucks.gif

SHUCKS  :thumbsup:  I thought I was gonna see my 1rst USC submission contest  ;D If you read the sequence of events it isnt so much of a black & white issue .. Much good advice has been given & I'm sure many besides me has gotten some education from this thread .

in my BEST Beavis & Butthead inpersonation " HEY Baby .. Wanna wrestle ? "

Ultimate Submission Championship instead of Ultimate Fighitng Championship  :thumbsup:

yet there has been more fighting & no submissions with anybody tapping out . Hmmm It may take Levi getting some MCHammer pants & dancing to " HAMMER-TIME" to get things settled  ;D

Guest fivestar

I don't think he meant to virtually call you out, just to cut your loses and purchase elsewhere, which is what you are already doing, and is exactly what I would do if I were treated like you were by USC.

Ummmmm......I believe "he" is actually a "she", no.

Anyways this is some funny stuff, Mudeater if you got 641 vinyl instead of 651, don't fret it, it will last as long as 651.

LOL ,  :thumbsup: I don't like chocolate , but if we can make them with caramel .. Ye-Ha