Sign in to follow this  
mudeater18

Purchased Defective Oracal 651 from USC ....Anyone else...?

The material is clearly defective, and after over 2 months of e-mailing back and forth with their "Customer Service" :thumbsup: they want me to pay to ship it back to them before they'll consider replacing it. Now I'm pretty good at math, so I don't see the benefit of me payng $15 bucks or so to replace a $20 roll of vinyl ! They can't seem to understand that concept though ! Anyboby else have this type of problem ? Thanks.

I realize that you bought it from USCutter but have you tried contacting Oracal?

No. I would expect to deal with the company I purchased it from. It would be their responsibility to deal with the manufacturer if needed.

just to satisfy my curiosity...defective in what way?

Material very difficult to remove from the backing paper. Finally was able to remove it after heating it with a hair dryer. They tried to tell me it was my transfer tape or my "technique", but both worked fine when using other brands and colors. I only had difficulty with 2 rolls of Oracal 651.

They did NOT tell you to eat MUD ;D , did they  ;D . . I'm guessing your member name means you do the drag race thing thru the mud pit ? (  I do Dirt Drags with Motorcycles )

Paying to ship back defective cheapo Chinese equipment I can understand somewhat because of the price point, but paying to ship back defective name brand vinyl? They should give you a call tag.....unless they would rather you purchase elsewhere.  my $.02

No comment on their "customer service"  ;D

Paying to ship back defective cheapo Chinese equipment I can understand somewhat because of the price point, but paying to ship back defective name brand vinyl? They should give you a call tag.....unless they would rather you purchase elsewhere.   my $.02

No comment on their "customer service"   ;D

I could never quite understand some of these companies,  instead if making something right and doing the right thing they give folks the run around.  So in the end that person along with a lot of others that read this buy elsewhere, so in reality they are probably losing thousands of dollars,  don't they ever get it?

Guest sciondrgn

I had purchased a Roll of Red 651 from Sign Warehouse and when it came in it was Light Red, I called and they shipped out a replacement roll right away and let me keep the Lt Red for the trouble.. It costs just as much to ship a roll back as it does to just purchase another one which kind of screws the buyers over when there is problems like this but SW made it right.. I hope USC will do the same..

even if they waned to see if it was defecive they could just request you send a sample for the price of a stamp!  if they want the roll I agree with the call tag for pick up!

I had purchased a Roll of Red 651 from Sign Warehouse and when it came in it was Light Red, I called and they shipped out a replacement roll right away and let me keep the Lt Red for the trouble.. It costs just as much to ship a roll back as it does to just purchase another one which kind of screws the buyers over when there is problems like this but SW made it right.. I hope USC will do the same..

I hate to say anything good about SW, but that is how customer service should be.

Paying to ship back defective cheapo Chinese equipment I can understand somewhat because of the price point, but paying to ship back defective name brand vinyl? They should give you a call tag.....unless they would rather you purchase elsewhere.   my $.02

No comment on their "customer service"   ;D

I could never quite understand some of these companies,  instead if making something right and doing the right thing they give folks the run around.  So in the end that person along with a lot of others that read this buy elsewhere, so in reality they are probably losing thousands of dollars,  don't they ever get it?

+1  Well put.

And no, with the guy they have running things now, I doubt they will ever "get it".

+1  Well put.

Sounds like they want to keep your business.  ;D

Thanks for the input. It's a shame USC doesn't understand business like the readers or this forum do. Since this all began I have been using H&H Sign Supply for my materials and they have been excellant to deal with. Here is their link if anyone wants to check them out.

http://www.hhsignsupply.com

Thanks for the input. It's a shame USC doesn't understand business like the readers or this forum do. Since this all began I have been using H&H Sign Supply for my materials and they have been excellant to deal with. Here is their link if anyone wants to check them out.

http://www.hhsignsupply.com

I suggest you continue to do so. I doubt they will eepect you to pay for their mistakes.

This is standard policy. If you are claiming that something is defective send it back to us! If it turns out that it is defective the shipping is refunded! I do not see the problem with this.

This is standard policy. If you are claiming that something is defective send it back to us! If it turns out that it is defective the shipping is refunded! I do not see the problem with this.

USC would rather pay more and lose time and hassel by shipping the vinyl back to them (which costs about as much as the roll to begin with), verifying its bad, shipping out a new roll, and then trying to reimburse shipping as well as losing alot of time, than just trusting the customer and shipping out a new one?  I understand this policy on a cutter or something, but not vinyl.

After speaking with the customer we were informed that the customer used the entire role on a job. He has nothing to ship back for a refund. His argument to us is that the vinyl will fail earlier because he believes the vinyl is 641 instead of 651 that he ordered. He could not provide pictures of the backing that supposedly indicates that it is 641. We however do not doubt him but are confused as too why he would want a refund on a product he used... This has been an ongoing issue and we originally offered him a replacement roll and return shipping... This was stipulated based on his returning the original product in it's entirety....

My question is if you eat the taco how can we refund you for it?

This issue is very cut and dry... I invite common sense response, we are very consistent in our policy and we intend on keeping customers by continuing to provide this type of service.

Here on the forum I will extend an offer to MUDEATER that if he provides a simple picture without even sending it back we will credit him the full roll of the vinyl. This option has already been on the table and it will continue to be on the table.

It's weird to even have to spend time on this or that so many people would read this...?

"My question is if you eat the taco how can we refund you for it?"

Good point. However, if I eat the Taco and it makes me sick,and I can prove it...you get the picture.

There is no right or wrong way to solve this. There is only the question of how you want to be perceived. Good will can't be bought. IT must be earned.

Check this out to see just how much damage one person can do:

http://www.borderpatrolrocks.com/avery/

That site has over 9000 hits...that is 9000 potentially lost customers.

Guest fivestar

Just an FYI, I have used 641 and it holds up as well as 651 as a matter of fact I have some on my own store front that I was originally going to use for a "temp job" and liked it so much I decided to leave it on there until it started to fall off, that's been over 2 yrs and it still looks like I just put it on yesterday.

Its good to hear both sides of the story.....

I will still say though if a mistake is made by USC (not saying this was necessarily the case in this post)...it makes more sense to me to just make it right for the customer than to worry about shipping back and forth something not worth as much as what the shipping costs.

Also if you mean in its entirity.......with a mixup between 641 and 651 yeah I can understand that, but if its just bad vinyl how can you know until you cut some of it and go crap this is defective.  You don't know the taco is crap until you eat some of it per say.

After speaking with the customer we were informed that the customer used the entire role on a job. He has nothing to ship back for a refund. His argument to us is that the vinyl will fail earlier because he believes the vinyl is 641 instead of 651 that he ordered. He could not provide pictures of the backing that supposedly indicates that it is 641. We however do not doubt him but are confused as too why he would want a refund on a product he used... This has been an ongoing issue and we originally offered him a replacement roll and return shipping... This was stipulated based on his returning the original product in it's entirety....

My question is if you eat the taco how can we refund you for it?

This issue is very cut and dry... I invite common sense response, we are very consistent in our policy and we intend on keeping customers by continuing to provide this type of service.

Here on the forum I will extend an offer to MUDEATER that if he provides a simple picture without even sending it back we will credit him the full roll of the vinyl. This option has already been on the table and it will continue to be on the table.

It's weird to even have to spend time on this or that so many people would read this...?

"My question is if you eat the taco how can we refund you for it?"

Good point. However, if I eat the Taco and it makes me sick,and I can prove it...you get the picture.

There is no right or wrong way to solve this. There is only the question of how you want to be perceived. Good will can't be bought. IT must be earned.

Check this out to see just how much damage one person can do:

http://www.borderpatrolrocks.com/avery/

That site has over 9000 hits...that is 9000 potentially lost customers.

One bad batch of any product, I'm happy to try it again at their expense, but the second time, is my last.  Then it's a long, long, time before I'll be bitten again.  Suppliers here in Australia are very good when it comes to faulty product.  I've been to trade shows and had salesmen try to sell me a product I've previously had problems with in the past.  They always have the European/USA slant, "You must have been supplied the European vinyl, we only sell the American vinyl now.  Or it's that was a few years ago, and they have change the way it's manufactured now.  

Oracal sells us the rolls and seals them. we don't open the rolls.... This was a mistake and we said we would correct it, he used the vinyl anyway...!?! This is a nutty situation we are real good about correcting this type of issues. In fact Oracal covers this type of expense, you can even call them direct and get a refund... The issue here is the customers lack of involvement in the process. We have been waiting for him to initiate the return and replacement process! Listen if you get something faulty we want to replace it, we want to take care of customers, that is our goal...

We always offer a solution and we try to work with every customer to a successful end!

well, IMHO..if he used the ENTIRE ROLL then USC should just give him Oracal's phone number and tell him to call Oracal if (or when) problems show up. It;s one thing to say a product is defective (meaning it doesn't so what it is supposed to do)..another thing altogether to use it all and then start making excuses. I have a roll of Oracal here that I won't use because I don't like the way it weeds. That doesn't mean it is defective. It just means that I don't like the way it weeds. The customers say he 'believes' it is 641,not 651...on what is this based? Is he an expert who can tell by looking? I cut average 100 yards of vinyl a week and have been doing so for 4 years....I can't tell one from another except cast from calendared..just by looking at it.