Sign in to follow this  
sayitanywhere

HELP... vinyl sticking and can't line up well

I am trying to use black, white and gold vinyl to layer the New Orleans Saints logo... I can't get everything to line up straight if I cut each layer, and then try and place it on top of the other layer.  The vinyl keeps sticking, and then gets stretched and itsn't lined up correctly.  Any suggestions?  I am doing these colors from outside to inside: black, white, black, gold.  THANKS.

post-786-12986512962918_thumb.jpg

post-786-12986512974455_thumb.jpg

Check out this vid from "Tater". it is a good primer for multicolor work. Lots of luck with your project and show us the end result, take care,  daniel t

this is the best way i figured to do layered jobs.  when you have the design in the software make sure you have selected to cut all the colors at once, then weedout what you dont need for each color, then put your application tape on, once you are this far, take am xacto knife, and try to cut as straight as possiable around your weed box.  then you can just line up the weed box on one side and squegie down, then the colors will be aligned perfectly.  *if you do not cut all the colors at once this method will not work, you will use a little more vinyl, but its worth it in the long run!

Ryne Cooper

Great strat Ryne, now I just have to learn how to put registartion marks on the cutouts as to line them up properly.