Sign in to follow this  
sayitanywhere

Help with this graphic/vinyl

I am trying to use black, white and gold vinyl to layer the New Orleans Saints logo... I can't get everything to line up straight if I cut each layer, and then try and place it on top of the other layer.  The vinyl keeps sticking, and then gets stretched and itsn't lined up correctly.  Any suggestions?  I am doing these colors from outside to inside: black, white, black, gold.  THANKS.

post-786-1298651296266_thumb.jpg

post-786-12986512974297_thumb.jpg

I was going to suggest wet but if they are layering it onto the backing paper to say, sell it to someone, then wet wouldn't be an option. I would say get yourself some clear transfer tape, use some registration marks, and take your time.

Good point,Sticky... I've done wet on the backing paper..not easy but possible. Of course, a steady hand(which I don't have) is the most important thing.

Also,the hinge method would be a good way to go in this case. In addition to reg. marks,of course.

I did a larger layered sports logo for a friend last week. When applied to his vehicle, it was the dickens to eliminate the blisters (bubbles) on the bottom layer wherever the top layer was present. The xtra layer of vinyl appeared to inhibit rubbing them out.

I would start with the gold and apply it to a white outline then apply that to a solid black background. So then it would only be 2 layers thick. Clear tranfer tape helps but you can also use a light table to see the vinly under it on multiable layer jobs.