Sign in to follow this  
joshuahodges

Need some begineer help... What to Buy

I just bought the new Pcut 24" machine and it gets here Thursday. We are using this to cut out thin polymers such as teflon, Kapton and sometimes aluminum foils with thicknesses ranging from .0005" to .020" with most being in the .001-.005" range. The samples will be 2" squares,crosses and larger 6" Pie wedges.

What do I need to be able to cut these out. They are not tapes and do not have a backing. We need to avoid getting any adhesives on them as it changes the material and will ruin our measurements. We are hoping that this machine will make sample preperation not only faster but cleaner and better. Our old way is a razor blade.

Any help in getting me up and running would be great.

I would try using a light tack transfer paper to use as a backing. the adhesive does not stick to the substrate that is applied to it. look through old post to find suppliers,  daniel t

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying, but on the refine cutter,there are two positions for the blade holder. The front position is for when you want to cut all the way through the material. I assume this would work with material that doesn't have any backing.

Also,not sure if the p-cut has this same feature but I think it does.

It does have two settings one front one back I will try that. I will also get some light tack transfer paper. both should work well. I know some materials we cut will need the transfer paper.