TaterNuts

Shirts

Tater,what heat/pressure/time settings did u use for thermoflex, i just got some in and i am having some issues with it sticking down to the fabric

I use i think that its 400? or so, not too sure as im not near the press right now.

Pressure is a little hard to tell... its hard, i know that....

I use a mighty press and i set it up so that i get very little resistance when the handle is all the way closed, machine empty., then i turn the knob one full turn...  I guess thats heavy force?

I apply for 10-15 seconds, sometimes less, it depends on weather im using a teflon sheet on it or not,

These are the settings that I use on 100% cotton, or cotton poly blends

My experience, Hotter is better (but not too hot where it will scorth the fabric), pressure is better, time is not...  Start out low, and keep working it up to where you like it.

by the way, I always peel hot/warm, even tho most of it says cold peel...

Guest fivestar

Hey Tater I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, but where do you get your shirts from and does the uscutter cut the thermoflex good?  I thought I seen somewhere where Billy said he wasn't too sure about uscutter cutting heat transfer material because of the rollers not being gritty enough.

I am seriously thinking of adding t-shirts to my business and am looking for all the help I can get.

I get my shirts from a local supplier, there jerzees brand, fairly cheap, i think the 100% cotton ones are like 1.10 or so each, bad part is you have to order like $250 worth and have a vendors license.

I still have plenty of shirts right now, so i havent ordered in awhile.

As far as the cutting part.  Works great, havent had any problems here at all.

Add the shirts... I was doing decals for this guys tow truck company, and he seen my shirt with my logo on it, he said... Oh, You make those... I ended up selling him 25 shirts for their softball team...

I made a shirt (a pretty sexualy explicit one) Said on the front, Hi, Im tater in a name tag style, and the back i made a logo up that said "Mister Taters Wild Ride" First ride free, ladies only, etc. etc.

I was at a bar and the bartender said Hey tater... I was like, hi, she said, nice shirt... I showed her the back, then she was like, wow, where did you get that from, then i tell them that I make them... Next thing you know, shes ordering 50 of them for her bar with there logo on it...

So, get the shirts, but you business name on it, wear it around town... or make a funny one that gets peoples attention...  You would be suprised how many people are impressed with a custom shirt.  PS (photos are just as easy to put on shirts with a regular inkjet printer that you probably have on your desk right now.)

Ok, someone tell me whats going on here, i ordered a few different colors, white, blue and pink, the blue and pink go on fine 380 degrees for 15-20 seconds at hard pressure, the white does not work at all, no matter what i do, i've tried different temps, different times and different pressures

can this stuff get old? I ordered it from Ordway

thanx to all for your time

Byran

Never had an issue with ThermoFlex... are you using ThermoFlex plus, or universal. and what kind of fabric are you applying it too..

what i ordered was thermoflex plus, but it has a different feel than the other stuff so i talked to ordway and they told me to ship it back because there might have been a mixup with some other material

the fabric i am applying it to is 100% cotton, and like i said the three other rolls i have work great. i kind of wish i knew what the white stuff was, maybe i could use it for something...lol

It may be the stuff that works on synthetics, like nylon... I cant rember what thermoflex calls it tho..?