Sign in to follow this  
Brandon_Davis

SignGO - Talk to me SignGo-ers... Is this program amazing or not?

read again my post and Jay's. We were both beta Testers for SignBlazer when US Cutter was thinking about offering it. We BOTH said it wasn't intuitive,and hard to figure out. No way would  ever recommend it to someone with no experience. No way,No how. I can't say it strongly enough.

I am confused a bit .. did you mean your & Jay's posts in this thread about SignGo or back a couple years when SignBlazer was contemplated ? I thought you were positive about SignBlazer when it was introduced .

I was and still am...I think SB is a great program but it is dead. And USC is offering it with cutters. Like Five said, it doesn't look good for USC...esp when others are offering FlexiStarter included with the cutter at no extra charge.

On paper, I think the features you get with SignGo Pro are on par with SignBlazer Elements. SignGo lite doesn't even come close (no bitmap imports, no shadows, no vectorizing, no distortions, no contour cutting). I think the learning curve will be a lot longer with SignGo. I have never used Flexi so I cannot compare that.

http://www.signgo.com/products/sg_feature_comp.html

Hey John ,

" We were both beta Testers for SignBlazer when US Cutter was thinking about offering it. We BOTH said it wasn't intuitive,and hard to figure out."

Did you Beta test SignGo & say that or did you say & mean that about SignBlazer .. That is what confused me . i think you meant to type SIgnGo :thumbsup: because I have never read anything from you saying negatives about SB .

Guest fivestar

OMG I just downloaded, installed and tried out SignGo...... YUK.....That software seems far worse then SignBlazer and I don't like SignBlazer.

for producing color art work to be printed and cut signgo pro has a big advantage over sbe, as dose flexi.

it has nice gradient fill abilities, textured fills, you can use any bitmap image as a fill for lettering ect..

i will always have sbe on my computer because it is ether easier, or better at doing certain things. the drawing tool is the best!  

I modified the post just for you Rodger.

thanks John  :thumbsup: . I was almost sure that was what you meant , but knew others might not .

I believe the "other" Ebay sellers are slamming US Cutter pretty big about "giving away" "trial software" and they are considering another route is my opinion on it.

I read masterwarehouse's rant ( http://www.masterwarehouse.com/foreee/dkh.htm ) . .. I wonder what their member name is on here , because it sounds like some of the same rubbish I have read here ... What some do to make a sale  :thumbsup:  At least they should have been truthfull & state facts instead of lies . They do not name USCutter , but it is obvious that is who they are attacking .

The guy must not have good reading abilities  :thumbsup: because if he read USCutter's description & E-Bay auction he would realize  : ( my # 1 is in answer of their # 1 statement & so on )

# 1 in their rant  )  USCutter's E-Bay auction is describing other companies specification rating specs NOT what they sell .

# 2  ) another lie as SignCut/Inkscape & Flexi Starter is offered as well .  MANY other softwares work with what USCutter sells

# 3 ) I know they meant to spell guarantee instead of " guarrante " , but their spelling seems as accurate as their description of USCutter's auction statements . Another lie as USCutter does guarantee what they sell  ( every company sells a dud once in awhile )

# 4 ) They tell the truth on this 1 .. same policy as most sellers .

# 5 ) another lie , service is free , shipping is not . USCutter has & will fix or replace DOA cutters & shipping is not needed most of the time  . 

# 6 ) another lie . They offer 3 choices of software & there are many other softwares that work .

second # 6   :rolleyes::D :D ) Yes for a hobby , a lie saying USCutter says only 1 or 2 cuts a day.

I agree when they say " WHAT A JOKE "  but the joke is how they describe the "the seller's " product & auction info . If anybody reads a USCutter E-Bay auction, they will see that I am right .

I am a satisfied customer of USCutter ( 2 cutters over 2 years ago )  . I would never deal with a company that lies like they have  ( masterwarehouse ) !!! I can imagine them being honest when it would cost them $ ... NOT

:) , Mr K

Tell you what,

Sign Blazer is a magnificent program, no doubt... I would never dream of recommending to replace it with SignGo... I think Flexi Starter is very limited and packaging it with a cutter is easy, except that with SignBlazer the "new guy" gets an amazing intro into the world of vinyl cutting... Most US Cutter clients who start with SignBlazer all eventually upgrade but do it with knowledge and intention. Plus they have not spent money on software they ended up not liking or just not using... The best part is it is free, so our cutter price doesn't go up, the client saves money, yet does benefit from a compentent cutting software.

SignGo for the record is really not that great... I have come to this opinion, I just like to play devils advocate and stay objective. It does have some great features, they are just really awkward.

I like SIGNCUT PRO a ton... I like using Inkscape, Corel, or Illy... I mean is Flexi ever going to be better then Illy or Corel??? Let me answer, NO, so why try to beat Icons in design/illustration. SignCut delivers on excellent cutter performance and most importantly cutter compatibility... Plus Kimon is always around to deal with serious support issues...

I would be lying if I said I was not looking at different software to recommend... Anyone have any out there programs that are decent...

Did I tell you guys I have a VERSA-CAM (prints & cuts @ the same time) to play with in the office... HEHEHE :-) I gotta make some shirtz..

Yup!

I also have Corel and Illy...only twice in the past year have I had to use either one instead of Flexi pro. Of course, I just do mainly signs.

SignGo is very good software to use.I install this software in my PC and use this software for 30 days I really like it.But I think that the price of the software to buy is high to buy.I am use this software with pcut.Yeah If you want to buy the software obviously buy it.Thanks

I have been trying different software for a while now and still have yet to try flexi, I have a flexi demo. But can't cut,import or export with the demo so it limits my ability to give it the ok to fork out the cash. Between Coral and Inkscape both are good. I haven't really broke through on either but am sure Coral is worth the cash investment. Inkscape being free works awesome. Though it is a little too complicated for making renditions. Signgo seemed under equipped for doing anything as easy as signblazer does. Definitely didn't impress me.

I installed signgo lite a few weeks ago to test it out, after using flexisign pro for so long i found signgo a bit of a bore..

It's simple, but that's it.. really couldn't use it the way i use flexi..

For me, Sign Go Lite has been a real workhorse.  I use it to drive my Ioline Super 88.  It is a very good value for the money.  I heartily recommend it for a start up software package.  The trace feature doesn't have the resolution I need, so I use Inkscape.  It isn't super great either, but the price is right and it will save files in .plt format that Sign Go can open for cleanup.  I've finally progressed to the point where I want a little more power in the image processing area.  I'm looking at Imigaro Z for vectorization and cleanup.  Time saved and wear and tear in my hairline will pay for it in less than a year.  ProCut 8 is what I want to move to for driving my plotter.  It has some great features like superior text tools and cut positioning to optimize material use.

JT

My first cutter came with signgolite and it helped me get my feet wet before I went to signblazer and finally corel products. Good starter program and easy enough to learn that I didn't give up in the beginning.

Will the SignBlazer Software work on the Master XP  380P Cutter ??  I also have the SignGo and havent been able to really figure alot out on it... and I have gotten very discouraged.......  What is the cost of the SignBlazer Software also ??  Thanks  Judy

Will the SignBlazer Software work on the Master XP  380P Cutter ??  I also have the SignGo and havent been able to really figure alot out on it... and I have gotten very discouraged.......  What is the cost of the SignBlazer Software also ??  Thanks  Judy

There is no cost for Signblazer,  it is a permanent free trial.  Out of business since owner passed away a few years ago.  Maybe you could try the generic Roland PNC 1000 driver. 

One of my gripes with Sign Go is the paucity of tutorials and good helps.  Since I have the lite version, I don't get updates.  Many of the helps aren't very helpful in the lite version, probably improved in the full blown version.  Again, it would be really nice if the SG folks produced some tutorials on youtube.

Most of the stuff I've learned, I've learned by burning at the keyboard for hours.

JT

I have the SignGo FD and It is Very, Very hard to understand...I do my design work in Corel Draw 12 and Export to the SignGo software, and when I go to Import the image / monogram , Well sometimes it decides to show up and sometimes it doesnt... Who know where and why !!!!.. I am thinking seriously thinking about changing to Sign Blazer Element and see how that works for me... I am fairly new to the vinyl world,, so I have alot to learn... and get very down on myself sometimes and ready to quit,, but I am not a quiter... 

signgo is a good program for the money. I bought mine 6 years ago when it was about half the price. I bought it to do contour cutting with a pcut that I had. I use it for everything except drawing. if you are printing and contour cutting it has a lot of features. I draw with CorelDraw x4 or signblazer.

I've used Signgo for 7 years and I love it. I don't know what 'contour cutting' is either.

I use Illustrator for all of my designs, export to eps and import into Signgo. It has drivers for both of my plotters and you can split your design over multiple pages, cut multiple designs, flip it, rotate it, only cut certain colours..

I don't really understand what you guys wish it would do better?

This is my first post here btw :)

I have the Signgo Lite FD and I really like the program and for the most part its very easy to use,  I just saw  that there is a few updates for it on another site so I will have to go on there and download the updates..

I have ad the program with a Desay Tiger 1000 Cutter for a few years but never got to use it much up until now,,just unboxed the cutter and did a few signs for a buddy of mine who just opened a Business and needed a few signs and a large Banner too,,

he was really happy how they turned out..

I only have one problem and I am sure it is me and not Signgo Lite FD.:huh:?

I am having a hard time getting Graphics to import into the program.

I will do a Post on that part of it,, other than that I am very happy with the program and I would recommend Signgo Lite FD to anyone who is intrested in buying a Vinyl Lettering program..

jumpaway