Sign in to follow this  
Brandon_Davis

SignGO - Talk to me SignGo-ers... Is this program amazing or not?

I need your feedback. I want to know what everyone thinks of SignGO. I want to know about experiences, compatibility issues, interesting features, you name it and I want it. Seriously!!

I was hoping someone else would chime in but in teh absence of that I will give my 2p worth.

I tried it...but after Flexi it was just not my cup of tea. I guess when you've had the best, all the rest seem worse than they really are. IT's been a few years but I seem to remember that the interface was a bit confusing.

I've never tried it. Is there some place to get a 30 day trial?

Hey John...

So when you said you used Flexi, you probably meant pro right? The version with all the bells and whistles?

I am talking from maybe more of a stand point of comparing it against Flexi Starter, SignCut X2, SignBlazer, and so on... Can anyone make any other cases for other base versions of software that they think dominates over all others...

-BD

Hey John...

So when you said you used Flexi, you probably meant pro right? The version with all the bells and whistles?

I am talking from maybe more of a stand point of comparing it against Flexi Starter, SignCut X2, SignBlazer, and so on... Can anyone make any other cases for other base versions of software that they think dominates over all others...

-BD

What version of SignGo were you referring to, SignGo or SignGoLite?

Hey John...

-BD

I have Pro now but at the time I had Flexi Starter. Even compared to Starter, I found SignGo Confusing from the beginning. So, I said to myself....I'll DL it and try again. So I did.This afternoon.

It took me 90 minutes to cut a 4 letter word without it being mirrored...and cut it in the right direction. I had to change the default settings time and again til I got it right. Maybe I am just so used to how easy Flexi and SB is to use, I am just spoiled. But,it was easy to get set up with the mh721. No drivers for my Seiki cutter.

So in a nutshell, all I can say is...anyone who isn't familiar with the various settings required will find it very confusing and I can't recommened it over either FkexiStarter or SB Elements. If USC is considering offering it, be prepared for a LOT of time spent with customers. For a newbee...it will be a nightmare. I mean,people have problems with SignCut and Inkscape..two programs that are easy as heck to learn.

When I got the refine , it came with SignCut and Inkscape...and honestly between the two, that's all anyone needs, if money is a concern.

Just my 2p worth.

i have been using signgo pro for about 8 months. it has alot of nice features like the contour cut. i use it with my pcut. i learned with signblazer but have been using signgo pro to do most things, there is probably 

alot that i have not figuired out yet. i use coreldraw x4 to draw with. i payed $199.00 for signgo pro and think it was worth it.

Excellent feedback! MGOMEZ what can you tell me about when you first started using it, how much of a change was it from SignBlazer? Did you have a lot of issues? You seem very satisfied, have you used any other cutting softwares?

-BD

Excellent feedback! MGOMEZ what can you tell me about when you first started using it, how much of a change was it from SignBlazer? Did you have a lot of issues? You seem very satisfied, have you used any other cutting softwares?

-BD

i have been using my pcut for about 1 year and used signblazer for about the first 4 months. i wanted to be able to do contour cutting with the pcut and found singgo pro on ebay. signgo pro is an amazing program for full color images. it's contour cutting features are nice, but it took alot of experimenting.

i put the pen in the blade hole in the holder when calibrating the cutter. if you get the sheet lined up right you can get very accurate cuts. i have been using it to do simple lettering designs as well. the only feature i don't like is the drawing tool. you can't adjust nodes with the arrow keys, only the mouse, which makes it a lot harder. when i need to do something new i go to the help area for instruction. i have recently tried out flexi-pro 7.5 with a 48" roland. the computer os is windows 98 that is running the flexi so i probably won't mess with it much.the roland is owned by a guy that didn't know anything about computers or plotters, and he got me to do that end of his bisiness for him. signgo pro has a driver that will work for the roland so i will probably cut from my lap top or another desk top running xp with the roland. i also use adobe illistrator 9.0 and coreldraw x4 to design with. i think each program has certain things they do better than the other, or do something the others do not. signblazer in my opinion has the best drawing tool there is, but i had some problems with some of the full color drawings working correctly in signgo pro for contour cutting. sometimes the art work gets screwed up. but if it is drawn in coreldraw or adobe it won't do it.i don't think signgo pro total supports signblazer. it looks like they want $270.00 or so now for signgo pro, and for what it will do, it is worth it. if you have specific questions about the program let me know and i'll try to help.

I loaded Signgo and tried it for about 1 and a half hours I didn't like it so I uninstalled it and it screwed up my computer and I ended up reinstalling Windows!

I e-mailed them and they said that they would fix it but they didn't.

What a "Bummer"

Bob Bigart

I downloaded the trial and have played around with it on a number of occasions. It is difficult for me to figure out. Not as intuitive as SignBlazer was for me to learn.

maybe..and several who do not,apparently. And if Jay has problems with it...watch out. He knows more about SB than an yone I know.

Guest fivestar

Started with Flexi, tried SB and thought it sucked ass and will never try another sign cutting software program as long as Flexi is around.  Once you've used the best there's no reason in using something else.

Ive used SB, Win PC sign and flexi pro, I wish I started with Flexi pro I have never tried SignGo. Sounds like its not to popular? Are you asking because your going to start selling it or something? Seems like you don't want to accept what people are saying about it. Not looking to start trouble but thats the impression I'm getting

read again my post and Jay's. We were both beta Testers for SignBlazer when US Cutter was thinking about offering it.

We BOTH said it wasn't intuitive(signgo),and hard to figure out. No way would  ever recommend it to someone with no experience. No way,No how. I can't say it strongly enough.

I agree with the idea that it is not as intuitive as SB... What about contour cutting? Doesn't it's contour cutting ability surpass SB...? What about it's cutter compatibility over SB?

Come on guys hit me with some MORE SignGO feedback...?

the only thing wrong with SB is that when Jerry died,development died. I knew Jerry well, spoke to him almost daily. He was a genius.

As for signgo...what good is contour cutting if you can't even figure out the very basics?

SB compatability...yet to find a cutter that it wouldn't work with. Sometimes you had to look around for the right driver. But when he died, if there was one..Jerry would stay up all night writing the drivers.

What about SignGo support? SignCut once had a very active presence on these forums..not so much lately. Are there manuals? Tutorials?

Guest fivestar

I believe the "other" Ebay sellers are slamming US Cutter pretty big about "giving away" "trial software" and they are considering another route is my opinion on it.

so go back to SignCut...along with Inkscape it will do the job.

you have to be willing to learn a programs features. there's nothing hard about signgo pro, the flexi 7.0 i have messed around with is harder to learn. i have only been doing this for about 8 months and have managed to make part of my living with signgo pro.