Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Latest Shirts: Kobe Bryant + Cars

Here are the lastest shirts I've done. I did them all on thursday night.

Kobe Bryant "The Black Mamba"

Client: My brother, a great fan of Kobe

Front

KobeFront2.jpg

Back

KobeBack1.jpg

Yeah, he wanted Kobe instead of Bryant.

I vectorized his face from this picture

kobe-bryant2.jpg

Cars

I made these to display them on the Flea Market to bring people in.

Camaro

Camaro.jpg

Cobra

Mustang.jpg

Challenger

Challenger.jpg

I hope you like them.

Joe

Nice, I really like the cars.  You might have to send me the cobra for my daughter.  Nice color choices as well.

awesome job I love that mustang with the stripes

Thank you ladies and gentlemen! I appreciate it  :angel:

People @ the Flea Market liked them too!

xturdfergusonx PM me with the info and I will see what I can do.

Guest Schramm

Joe,

Awesome work bro!!!

You do know that you cannot sell either one of these for profit as the images used to create them are copywrited!  I hate to sound like a broken record and I dont want people here to hate me for saying this over and over again BUT the picture of Kobe is a AP (associated press pic - copywrited) and I have done some close work with Dreamworks Studio (sold them 200 rolls of metallic foil for the Transformers 2 movie) and I know you did the car but using their autobot logo with the car and the word bumblebee makes it 100% illegal!

Case in point on theft of pics to make your own art: (Obama poster and CMI copywrite photo owned by AP)

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/03/ap-uses-dmca-intimidate-hope-artist

If someone tells you that changing a pic or adding your own stuff to someone elses artwork that you didnt pay for even by 10% makes it yours IT IS A HUGE BUNCH OF BS!  Only your artwork is your artwork and if you ad someone elses or create something off of someone elses it is illegal UNLESS you paid a use agreement.

By selling Kobe and Transformer items at the flea market you could be fined up to $100,000 and face up to a year in prison.  You can sell shirts all day long with that car ONLY as I know and everyone here knows you did it and I am not saying that you are not a great artist as you definatly are.  All I am saying is watch it as none of that the way it sits is yours!

In case you didn't notice Joe in in Puerto Rico. 

Good luck on the P.R. government prosecuting one of their citizens on U.S. copyright infringement.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

D

Joe,

Awesome work bro!!!

You do know that you cannot sell either one of these for profit as the images used to create them are copywrited!  I hate to sound like a broken record and I dont want people here to hate me for saying this over and over again BUT the picture of Kobe is a AP (associated press pic - copywrited) and I have done some close work with Dreamworks Studio (sold them 200 rolls of metallic foil for the Transformers 2 movie) and I know you did the car but using their autobot logo with the car and the word bumblebee makes it 100% illegal!

Case in point on theft of pics to make your own art: (Obama poster and CMI copywrite photo owned by AP)

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/03/ap-uses-dmca-intimidate-hope-artist

If someone tells you that changing a pic or adding your own stuff to someone elses artwork that you didnt pay for even by 10% makes it yours IT IS A HUGE BUNCH OF BS!  Only your artwork is your artwork and if you ad someone elses or create something off of someone elses it is illegal UNLESS you paid a use agreement.

By selling Kobe and Transformer items at the flea market you could be fined up to $100,000 and face up to a year in prison.  You can sell shirts all day long with that car ONLY as I know and everyone here knows you did it and I am not saying that you are not a great artist as you definatly are.  All I am saying is watch it as none of that the way it sits is yours!

Shcramm I know that. Thank you for the info tho.

I am totally aware of what you said. The Kobe shirt I did for my bro and I wont sell any copy of it. it is still wrong and I can still get in trouble... but the Kobe shirt dies there.

The Transformers one... well Im taking a huge risk. I know that too. I guess I will just remove it from the FM.

Im in Puerto Rico, but we are part of the States as a Common Wealth (or colony as bad as that sounds) and USA laws still apply here and I can get in trouble equally, but what are the chances?

Joe

Schramm, what if I write "Bombolbi" :angel: Im just kidding  ;D

you know what makes annoys me? There are sooo many people selling DVD and CD copies on the street at plain sight. In my hometown you can see them all the time and yet nobody says a thing. Cops pass by and it is as if they weren't there. Nobody cares it seems. They are in the Flea Markets too and yeah, from time to time they bust one or two but thats it.

Now, I would bet anything that if I took my shirts with my original designs and did the same, they would be all over my "arse" because I dont have the patents or the permits and all that, you know what i mean? they keep messing with the honest people and they will make it a real pain for them to sell. In the other hand, nobody seem to care about those people selling copies.

Most of my stuff are original designs, some are not and those bring people in too. I know it is wrong still.

Guest Schramm

Joe,

IMO I just dont do it, it is not that I dont want to some times as there is lots of things that I would like to benefit from but then again drug dealers make good money too and some people sell drugs but I wont...  Making things for family I do, but I read in your post about the flea market and I just thought that I would warn you that the Transformers shirt (though VERY COOL) is not something that I would sell at the flea market.

As for people selling CDs and DVDs in plain site, well let me tell you something.  In Florida when I lived there they busted 200 people in 1 day in Orlando for this exact thing.  The FBI does not just come to your booth and arrest you they watch your actions over a period of time and find out your affiliations, what your selling, how often and how much and within 6 month bust everyone in a GROUP!  I am not kidding and it is crazy when it happens!!!

Puerto Rico is considered a colony of the USA and US Laws are definatly in tact there so when you say things Dylan make sure you understand stuff like that as you may THINK you are doing nothing wrong while you break the law!

EVERYBODY HAS TO RUN THEIR BUSINESS WITH THEIR OWN MORAL COMPASS - FOR ME I DO THE SPEED LIMIT, WEAR MY SEATBELT AND STOP AT STOP SIGNS AS I HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY COMPANY ONE THAT THE PEOPLE CAN TRUST!

Ok, removed the Transformers t shirt and I wont put it on the Flea market and wont sell a copy of it. Only 1 was made and it will remain like that. I can't even use it as I made it small in size and Im Medium (actually Large, but Im not letting go Medium yet, LOL).

Kobe's shirt, only one was made, it was for my brother, no money was made out of it, I wont make another copy, I will delete the vector image.

Thank you all.

Oh and I also wear my seatbelt, stop at stop signs, I dont kill people and obey laws (most of them at least). I also have Moral Values and I help people when in need and respect all life forms. Making a Transformers shirt does not mean I do not have values. Yeah, it is stealing so I guess Im a thief... call me that if you want.