Sign in to follow this  
plteckie

My cutter won't cut all the way across the vinyl evenly. Help!!

My cutter only cuts about the first 5 or 6 inches across and then it begins to just scores the vinyl.  As long as I only set the cutter to cut down the edge it cuts great.  But I can't get it to cut across the full width.  We have adjusted the pressure and moved the blade down.  But nothing seems to help.

Your help is greatly needed.

Thanks

plteckie :police:

Guest sciondrgn

Couple things to check,

-Make sure the blade holder is in the rear position on the carriage,

-Make sure the cutting strip its firmly and evenly pressed into the channel

-Make sure the carriage itself is on its tracks (White plastic wheel on a black metal track when you look up into the machine

Set the pressure on the unit to at least 120 or higher. Set the blade depth so you can hardly see the tip of the blade exposed from the blade holder- and I mean barely. You should almost have to squint to see any blade sticking out at all.

Ken is right about the blade exposier... You should barely be able to feelt he blade if you run the tip of your finger over it. It sounds like, the way you worded your adjustments, you have been playing with blade depth.

Make sure the bladeholder sinks all the way down into the blade arm collar. It should go down until it cannot go down any further.

Force is where you should make adjustments and some cutters differ from others here so there is never a consistent standard. I would recommend trying anything from 90-130...

Additionally if you are experiencing proper cuts on most of your job but imroper on some it is also advisable to alter blade offset, although that is probably not your problem.

If any of this is in one ear and out the other, feel free to give me a call 1-888-298-8143 hit option 2 and that will take you to tech support, any one of us can help you there...

I'd bet on an uneven cutting strip. I've seen it dozens of times. That should be the first thing to check.

I'd bet on an uneven cutting strip. I've seen it dozens of times. That should be the first thing to check.

I agree. Making sure the blade holder is in the back position is great advice too.

Guest sciondrgn

Make sure the bladeholder sinks all the way down into the blade arm collar. It should go down until it cannot go down any further.

Be Careful on this one.. Not all PCUTS are made the same, I am unable to seat the blade holder completely in the carriage on my machine.. If I do the carriage will not even move. It drags along the cutting strip and the arm cannot move up or down.  There seems to be a major inconsistency in these machines.. Just like on mine anything over 80-85 pressure cuts through the vinyl and backing.