Sign in to follow this  
ibange

Blade dragging on chrome - how to fix?

I'm trying to cut a run of stickers on holographic chrome and I'm having a problem. The material is stiff enough that it lifts up a little especially in the center of the roll. When the cartridge goes from point to point in the up position (not cutting) it traces a slight cut mark on the material.

I found this picture showing the same problem from a search on here. Mine looks the same but worse.

SilverHawks7.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this? None of my other material has this problem except for chromes and metallics which are stiff and push up like this.

MH721.

I seem to have mostly fixed the problem by moving the rollers to be evenly spaced. I normally put two on the ends where they wont imprint the vinyl with a texture but it doesn't seem to work for chrome. I've moved them to even spacing and turned the pressure down and since the chrome is tough it isn't taking a texture.

Is there any other techniques to deal with this?

I have a LP24 and am having the same problems.  Fortunatley the chrome and mirror lens are for my own projects so a few scratches won't bother me too much.  If you have a Pcut or LP, us cutter makes tables that mount in the slots on the front and back of the machine.  I have think that might actually be the problem, is when you are cutting the material catches on these grooves and pops the material up.  I am planning on purchasing a set soon.  Here is the link:

http://www.uscutter.com/PCut-Laserpoint-Parts-Supplies_c_9-2-0.html

I always run all 4 rollers on anything 10" and wider.  :police: