Sign in to follow this  
go10go4

Some small suggestions....

I've only had my PCut for a day now, and it appears to be a great machine. I had it up and running in a matter of minutes. The packaged SB elements is very intuitive and easy to learn from what I'm seeing. I'm sure I will have more learning curves as time goes by, but for now I have a couple of suggestions:

1.  The ridged area in the front of the blade carrier tends to grab the end of the vinyl when cutting. This causes the vinyl to bunch up and, in extreme cases, to warp the vinyl under the blade carrier. I'm going to rectify this on my machine by placing vinyl over the ridges so that a smooth surface doesn't grab the vinyl. I'm assuming that the ridges give the metal surface a more rigid structure and less flexing, and that's why it was engineered this way. But it's counterproductive when cutting the vinyl. Not a big deal.

2.  The carrier switches that shut down the machine when depressed are a good idea. However, the operator isn't informed that this has caused the cutter to shut down. Last night I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why my computer wasn't communicating with the cutter, and was giving numerous error reports. In the end, I realized the carrier had hit the switch, and basically shut down the operation. It wasn't intuitive such that I knew immediately what had happened. Perhaps the machine in conjunction with various softwares could alert the operator as to what occurred. Now that I have experienced this, I know what to look for next time.

3.  There doesn't appear to be a good manual for the PCut. The manual that came with the machine is very sketchy on some aspects of operating the cutter. And it doesn't touch subjects which might be helpful to the user, such as #2 above. The online SB manual is very, very good from what I can tell at this point. But I don't see a good manual for the cutter. It might be that I'm simply missing something, but the hardcopy that came with the PCut is marginal at best. Some of the items in the hardcopy are not relevant to the cutter I purchased. The stand isn't put together the way mine was, the blade is engineered differently from the one in the manual so that one has to figure out how to place the blade, etc.

All in all, these are minor complaints if the machine functions properly, and it appears to do that. So far I'm very pleased with the PCut, and especially pleased with the support on the forum. I bought it in part because of the support, never realizing how valuable that would become when I encountered a few problems. Ken and Bruce, and everyone else on the forum, have been very understanding and helpful.

Thank you for the feedback.

I am going to add the kill button information to the quick install inserts we send with our cutters. I have also been in touch with Creation in hopes of them providing us with some setup instructions for the stand because the picture in the manual is just not enough, and it is not even the same stand.

As for the blade holders, Marcus decided to go with Roland blade holders instead of the Creation blade holders like you see in the manual. They are all metal as opposed to Creations plastic blade holder. They both do the same job, but look a bit different which causes some confusion.

As for the broken English manual, I have been given the task of editing to make it understandable English, and not Engrish. Time willing of course because I still need to manage the forums, answer and respond to all phone calls, emails, support requests, AND get our new support suite up and running and filled with information so it can be launched full-time. Also still trying to find the time to make instructional videos on the setup and features of each cutter we offer.

So, with that said, I would like to thank you and everyone for their continued patience and understanding.

;)

Guest sciondrgn

I am going to add the kill button information to the quick install inserts we send with our cutters. I have also been in touch with Creation in hopes of them providing us with some setup instructions for the stand because the picture in the manual is just not enough, and it is not even the same stand.

As for the blade holders, Marcus decided to go with Roland blade holders instead of the Creation blade holders like you see in the manual. They are all metal as opposed to Creations plastic blade holder. They both do the same job, but look a bit different which causes some confusion.

As for the roken English manual, I have been given the task of editing to make it understandable English, and not Engrish. Time willing of course because I still need to manage the forums, answer and respond to all phone calls, emails, support requests, AND get our new support suite up and running and filled with information so it can be launched full-time. Also still trying to find the time to make instructional videos on the setup and features of each cutter we offer.

So, with that said, I would like to thank you and everyone for their continued patience and understanding.

;)

Let me know Ken and I can help with videos. I am in the process of moving to my new place this week but once all settled in I would be glad to do some vids for ya! At least for the cutter I have the CT900

Ken,

You guys have done an excellent job with support. I don't know of anyone else doing it this well. I have dealt with a company in Texas, which shall remain nameless, and they sell high-priced equipment for top-end jobs. But their support stinks. That's on equipment that's 5-8 times as expensive. The forum was a great idea, and the people who frequent the forum are very friendly and helpful.

I may gripe from time to time about certain features or things that are lacking, but they aren't things you are truly responsible for in reality. The problem is usually going to rest with the manufacturer. You've taken an import item and tried to "Americanize" it as best you can. That's very admirable, compared to shipping out a product with no effort and no support.

Ken, another little aggravation has to do with the ruler. See my post under PCut cutter, I think.

As for the roken English manual, I have been given the task of editing to make it understandable English, and not Engrish. Time willing of course because I still need to manage the forums, answer and respond to all phone calls, emails, support requests, AND get our new support suite up and running and filled with information so it can be launched full-time. Also still trying to find the time to make instructional videos on the setup and features of each cutter we offer.

;)

Let me know Ken and I can help with videos. I am in the process of moving to my new place this week but once all settled in I would be glad to do some vids for ya! At least for the cutter I have the CT900

Anything you come up with is always welcome and appreciated. We created a category for all to contribute, towards the top of our forums called "Instructional Contributions". You are welcome to post videos or how-to's, etc., as much or as little as you would like. Like I mentioned, I personally am going to be contributing once time allows.

:angry:

Ken,

You guys have done an excellent job with support. I don't know of anyone else doing it this well. I have dealt with a company in Texas, which shall remain nameless, and they sell high-priced equipment for top-end jobs. But their support stinks. That's on equipment that's 5-8 times as expensive. The forum was a great idea, and the people who frequent the forum are very friendly and helpful.

I may gripe from time to time about certain features or things that are lacking, but they aren't things you are truly responsible for in reality. The problem is usually going to rest with the manufacturer. You've taken an import item and tried to "Americanize" it as best you can. That's very admirable, compared to shipping out a product with no effort and no support.

Ken, another little aggravation has to do with the ruler. See my post under PCut cutter, I think.

Thank you. The input is very much appreciated. I did read your post about the ruller, but had no idea on how to respond. Like you mention, the manufacturer is who I should ask about this, and to do so, I would first need to run this by Marcus to get his input. Will let you know once I found out.