Lol its ok I'm thick skinned I don't mean to piss anyone off.

If ya want feel free to pm me your opinion I will listen and if I'm out of line with my post either I will reply with my argument or I will agree with ya

Yes the FAQ was copy paste

Where did you copy that from? I see lots of spelling errors. The formatting could use some work as well to separate your comments from the source text.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork

You never give it a rest do you?

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

It's mere observation. Tinaski said it was 'copy and paste' but I am seeing comments (some misspelled) which aren't very well separated from the copyright information. This is why I think this otherwise informative post needs some better formatting (even if the spelling is left intact).

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

I made a valid observation about a post in this thread. Deal with it, and stop your childish name-calling.

no name calling..just pointing out the obvious.

get a life,Nuke.

no name calling..just pointing out the obvious.

get a life,Nuke.

You don't get to claim what you haven't proven. We know you hate me, BJ, and yes, it's clear that you're calling me a troll.  

By the way you're trolling this thread about alleged 'trolling', aren't you? Trying to start a witchhunt about your accusation of 'trolling' sounds like serious trolling to me, and might just spin the whole thread in another direction now that you're trying to single me out....again. Funny double standard, that.

Guest AndrewJ

*Facepalm*  Not again...

• Like 1

*Facepalm*  Not again...

This wouldn't be a big deal if people didn't freak at the first hint of valid observation (or any observation). Just saying....the problem is the reaction, not the observation.

It should be *me* saying 'not again'.

why is it a valid observation ONLY when it's yours?

I never said that, YOU said that, and you've said it more than once. It's a very, very bad argument. Remember, I am fact driven....facts are facts whether we understand or accept them. This is why reasoned argumentation (and not name-calling) is the way to wade through various claims. 

Guest AndrewJ

I think the issue being that the observation wasn't within context of the conversation.  Editorial comments that do not contribute to direction of the conversation are what others consider "Trolling", since it is enticing a reaction from others.  While your response is valid, that others excessive reaction can be viewed negatively, and in turn elicits further reaction from you, and so on...  Its a self fulfilling prophecy = facepalm.

Moral of the story, if you know that a comment / observation will most likely provoke a response which is off-topic, regardless of validity, then nobody here should be surprised that the degeneration of a thread occurs.

• Like 1

I think the issue being that the observation wasn't within context of the conversation.  Editorial comments that do not contribute to direction of the conversation are what others consider "Trolling", since it is enticing a reaction from others.  While your response is valid, that others excessive reaction can be viewed negatively, and in turn elicits further reaction from you, and so on...  Its a self fulfilling prophecy = facepalm.

Moral of the story, if you know that a comment / observation will most likely provoke a response which is off-topic, regardless of validity, then nobody here should be surprised that the degeneration of a thread occurs.

I don't know that. I expect people to be REASONABLE. I know some here are not reasonable, and that is painfully obvious.

If people don't like the observation, they can ignore it, as well as the person the comment was directed to. I believe BJ rolling in and calling me a TROLL (amongst his other personal attacks) is WAY worse than my simple (and valid) observation. He and his little wrecking crew are growing tiring, and I am surprised you allow someone like this to represent your board as a moderator, when he doesn't even want to be a moderator.

Again, it's a valid observation and reasonable people can ignore it or accept it. Attacking me for a simple, objective observation is ridiculous, and I am not going to bend to the will of the most extreme anti-intellectuals who want to sacrifice free-inquiry or valid observation to the altar of ignorance, suppressed opinion, bad logic and who knows what else.

" This wouldn't be a big deal if people didn't freak at the first hint of valid observation (or any observation). Just saying....the problem is the reaction, not the observation.

It should be *me* saying 'not again'."

Nuk ,

You are the only 1 that believes that . It isn't that what you do is that annoying ... it is how MUCH you do it . At least you are getting better at not writing a book each post  :) . I don't think there is any member that does not understand your stance :thumbsup: . Agree to disagree & leave it at that . Until you are made the spelling/grammer Mod , let that issue rest for a bit if you don't want to alienate yourself . I myself have a blast reading it & crack up at posts like Andrew made  :huh: . You have started responding to John again ( other thread ) for what I & others have said , so relax & read what you are responding to & try to respond to the right member . It seems you are getting upset enough to make basic spelling mistakes & I know that has to be stressful to you . Don't be a martyr & fall on your sword , continue to be a helpfull member & stop blowing up every thread  :thumbsup: ( I plead guilty of helping to blow the threads up , but I am being sincere in my suggestions )

" This wouldn't be a big deal if people didn't freak at the first hint of valid observation (or any observation). Just saying....the problem is the reaction, not the observation.

It should be *me* saying 'not again'."

Nuk ,

You are the only 1 that believes that . It isn't that what you do is that annoying ... it is how MUCH you do it . At least you are getting better at not writing a book each post  :) . I don't think there is any member that does not understand your stance :thumbsup: . Agree to disagree & leave it at that . Until you are made the spelling/grammer Mod , let that issue rest for a bit if you don't want to alienate yourself . I myself have a blast reading it & crack up at posts like Andrew made  :huh: . You have started responding to John again ( other thread ) for what I & others have said , so relax & read what you are responding to & try to respond to the right member . It seems you are getting upset enough to make basic spelling mistakes & I know that has to be stressful to you . Don't be a martyr & fall on your sword , continue to be a helpfull member & stop blowing up every thread  :thumbsup: ( I plead guilty of helping to blow the threads up , but I am being sincere in my suggestions )

Why on Earth do you never point out the ridiculous things BJ is saying? Why does EVERYONE ignore his blatant personal attacks? What are you guys afraid of? I am not going to sacrifice what I know is right in some ridiculous popularity contest where my opponent happens to be a mod (who locks threads as soon as he loses control of his temper).

I do not need to 'agree to disagree'. It's obvious that people who disagree are disagreeing. I am just a believer in reasoned argumentation, not facts by way of popular vote, not groupthink, not might makes right, and certainly not 'don't think so hard if it offends people'.

The reason that this is always a problem on this board is that the culture here does NOT support dissent, and one of your moderators is part of the problem...a moderator who helps run a competing board which competes for members and their time and attention. Somehow the problem is *me*, some would claim, but I am not the one who started the competing forum. In fact, I was banned from it for my honest dissent or observations. There is a moderator on that competing forum who is ALSO a moderator here, and we wonder why there are problems?

If U.S. Cutter is smart, you will cut the bad apples from your moderation staff, and let dissent flow freely. Heck, you even have a complaints section about U.S. Cutter.....and people here can't handle a mere observation about post structure and misspelled comments?

Why on Earth do you never point out the ridiculous things BJ is saying?

maybe because I make sense.

YOU seem to be the only person who thinks anything I say is ridiculous....whereas you should see the messages I get about you.

Why on Earth do you never point out the ridiculous things BJ is saying?

maybe because I make sense.

No, you're just popular, and you almost died. People are going easy on you, old-timer. :thumbsup: I don't know if you've had any brain function loss, but I am treating you like a fully-functioning human who can understand reasoned argumentation. Maybe I am wrong to assume you're functioning at 100%? Please, correct me if I am wrong. After my Dad's heart attack he lost some brain function...but sadly, he didn't make it through.

I don't wish anything bad on you, and I am glad you pulled through, but I can't understand why you have so much animosity toward me.

At the very least, it keeps things interesting.

Guest AndrewJ

Its in the eye of the beholder.  We see others faults much better than our own.  I'm not assigning fault to anyone here, I just think its a ridiculous death of a thread when these arguments persist.  The problem being Nuke, more people agree with Banner John, (notice I am not taking sides here).  If you feel like you're in a Mel Gibson movie, that's your own perspective, but don't dramatize a disagreement by "dying" on some battlefield / other location fighting for the freedom of discourse / intellectualism.

And to others, the hyper-sensitivity to his remarks does tend to be sensationalized.  He did just make a comment that the spelling sucked.

Nobody wins, the thread derails, and the point is moot.

Its in the eye of the beholder.  We see others faults much better than our own.  I'm not assigning fault to anyone here, I just think its a ridiculous death of a thread when these arguments persist.  The problem being Nuke, more people agree with Banner John, (notice I am not taking sides here).  If you feel like you're in a Mel Gibson movie, that's your own perspective, but don't dramatize a disagreement by "dying" on some battlefield / other location fighting for the freedom of discourse / intellectualism.

And to others, the hyper-sensitivity to his remarks does tend to be sensationalized.  He did just make a comment that the spelling sucked.

Nobody wins, the thread derails, and the point is moot.

Andrew, I don't consider myself a martyr by any stretch, but it does feel like 300 when the same 4-5 people keep railing against me for making honest contributions. There are posts where I will agree with John, even after he locks me out of a thread where he insults me. I am doing my best to be impartial, but I will *never* bend facts just to suit delicate sensibilities of the mob, ever. If this means being banned or burned at the stake, so be it (there's my martyr speech hehe).

I am not some guy with a hacked account trying to sell V14Gr4 or C14L15. I am an artist, a vinyl-cutter, a decal-maker and I have genuine input which people may or may not like. What point is a forum if we can't disagree, fact-check, compare ideas and let the facts win on their own merits?

What I am seeing though is people carrying their animosity from Vinyl Forum (where I was banned) over to this board (where some would probably like me banned). Those people include a moderator from that board (who is also a mod here and is probably trying to bait me) and the actual person who banned me, and their friends.

Even Bill300s corrected my spelling in one recent post here...I thanked him and fixed it without insulting him, trying to counter-correct his spelling or making personal attacks. From my perspective, this is the proper response to a spelling correction....thank the person, fix it or ignore it and press on. I demonstrated the behavior I would assume a reasonable person would have with such a mundane thing. Spelling is just how we construct words we use while attempting to communicate with one another with as much clarity as possible. Using diligence with those words isn't just a service for me, but to everyone trying to read our posts. I put high value in accuracy, but I understand we don't all agree and that's ok. We all have different priorities. While I may have genuine affection for someone who can't spell to save their lives, I expect the same courtesy for those of us who are die-hard grammar/spelling geeks.

Facts don't bother me in the slightest, in fact, I am usually thankful to be corrected on something I might believe incorrectly, IF that can be done through reasoning, not personal attack or mere majority opinion (which is often wrong).

It is not my intent to Troll, and I don't appreciate being called one, or told to 'get a life' or having to constantly defend myself from childish personal attacks in threads which get locked by the same guy insulting me. You guys should at least instruct your mods to 'play fair' if they're going to dish it out.

Can you keep this up til my bed-time? I won't need a sleeping pill.

BTW...keep the 'old timer' remarks to yourself. You're not exactly a teenager.

As for my brain function...it is as good as it ever was. I can still spot bullsh+t when I see it too.

• Like 1

Can you keep this up til my bed-time? I won't need a sleeping pill.

BTW...keep the 'old timer' remarks to yourself. You're not exactly a teenager.

As for my brain function...it is as good as it ever was. I can still spot bullsh+t when I see it too.

Isn't it past your bed-time? Just kiddin'. Nope, I am 42...not a spring chicken myself.

Glad to hear your brain wasn't affected. You must have had help very quickly.

As for the bullshizzle...that's best determined by the argument, and one should refrain from personal attacks, don't you think? I am good at spotting the B.S. too. Sometimes, a little too good for my own good. :thumbsup:

Have you looked at your signature lately? 'Malcontent' and 'Agitator'. Good stuff.

I am trying to gently guide this thread back to its original content. Let's all take a deep breath and press on.

I do my malcontenting and agitating in the appropriate places.

I figured you were past 40. I was 41 when I had a stroke. And before you say it,or ask...the only brain function it damaged was my ability to remember numbers. I don't even know my own telephone number. But as Einstein once said..why should I memorize something when I have it written down and know where to look?

I don't have a bed time. I go to bed when I am tired. I also eat when I am hungry. The clock doesn't rule my life...and I feel sorry for people who let it.

Comment on the OP....

My buddy runs a top alcohol funny car in exhibition matches.  He has a few name brand sponsors.  He also has a letter from the legal dept of each company granting him the right to use the logo.  I have those letters on file because I occasionally cut graphics for him.  Most shops won't actually cut the graphics.  They just apply whatever stickers are available from the sponsoring company.  Personally, I won't cut a company logo unless it's for the company that owns the logo.  I do my buddy's race car only because he has those letters.

I do my malcontenting and agitating in the appropriate places.

I figured you were past 40. I was 41 when I had a stroke. And before you say it,or ask...the only brain function it damaged was my ability to remember numbers. I don't even know my own telephone number. But as Einstein once said..why should I memorize something when I have it written down and know where to look?

I don't have a bed time. I go to bed when I am tired. I also eat when I am hungry. The clock doesn't rule my life...and I feel sorry for people who let it.

Remembering numbers....easy enough to write that stuff down as you mentioned...and thankfully it wasn't worse.

I don't let the clock rule my life either...unless I need to be at a job on-time....then it's all important (moreso for my employers). Left to my own devices...I have this rolling time-schedule which changes a little each day...almost like being on Mars (sol) time.

Personally, I am terrible with direction, probably because my memory is more visual. I don't know...I've just never been good at it. I am surprised I haven't gotten more lost when I've ridden motorcycles in foreign countries. Well, come to think of it, I did get lost in Rome, but I found my way back (thankfully there are some landmarks scattered about) hehe.