Nuk ,

I should have finished the saying " agree to disagree & leave it at that " . From what I have read , it is the non stop spelling correction requests that has caused most of the grief aimed at you on both forums . There is no need to bring the other forum into this discussion except you thinking you were wronged & want to prove otherwise . You have an agenda it seems & no advice will stop you from attaining it .

Again , I was the 1 asking you not to be a martyr , not Andrew . You seem to let everybodies posts run into who you are responding to ... I am going to resist the humorous side of me & not ask you if you have impaired brain functions  :thumbsup: . I guess you are arguing against the whole board & it would be easy to combine all the comments since they are all in 1 direction .

Oh John & I have disagreed many times , but we listen to what was being said & have enough respect to allow each our own mindset . Then we DON'T run it into the ground . After a zillion requests to leave the spelling thing alone , you seldom if ever miss the chance to rub that sore spot . On the behalf of the rest of mankind  :thumbsup: , I apologize for all the incorrect spelling , your conceived censorship at the other forum, this forum & anywhere else in your life that you think it happened .. now can we get over that ? I am being humorous , sincere & not meaning disrespect .

plain & simple .. leave the spelling thing alone ( censorship , religion & self taught lawyer thing also ) ... it is not that bad , just after the month + long drama on so many threads it is WAY too old now !

John Chicago had a song about that ( time ) that i like .

Nuk ,

I should have finished the saying " agree to disagree & leave it at that " . From what I have read , it is the non stop spelling correction requests that has caused most of the grief aimed at you on both forums . There is no need to bring the other forum into this discussion except you thinking you were wronged & want to prove otherwise . You have an agenda it seems & no advice will stop you from attaining it .

Again , I was the 1 asking you not to be a martyr , not Andrew .

Hey Rodger,

I was specifically answering Andrew when he said;

'If you feel like you're in a Mel Gibson movie, that's your own perspective, but don't dramatize a disagreement by "dying" on some battlefield / other location fighting for the freedom of discourse / intellectualism'.

This was his reference to a martyr-complex, which may have been similar to what you said. However, someone who likes to type as much as me...I don't need to be a martyr since I don't mind arguing the point itself and seeing where it goes, if necessary. So, perhaps both of you made this reference (I don't recall yours), but Andrew also made it, and I thought it was funny and had to address it so people don't get the wrong idea.

You seem to let everybodies posts run into who you are responding to ... I am going to resist the humorous side of me & not ask you if you have impaired brain functions  :thumbsup: . I guess you are arguing against the whole board & it would be easy to combine all the comments since they are all in 1 direction .

You are free to ask me whatever you want. I wouldn't apply a different standard to others than I do myself. Also, it was noted here that BJ had a very serious life-threatening event, but you know no such thing about me. So, I just wanted to be sure, and I asked out of honest curiosity, not as an attempt to make a personal attack. BJ was honest and forthcoming with his answer and I feel I treated his openness with respect.

Oh John & I have disagreed many times , but we listen to what was being said & have enough respect to allow each our own mindset .

That goes for you too. :) You have to allow me my mindset, though my mind is not 'set' anyway. I am open to disagreement and even changing my mind *if* you make a good case. Any other method won't work. This is why I keep having issues....if we aren't allowed to let reasoned argumentation (given a disagreement) take its course, you have unresolved hostility and locked threads. All I am asking is that people stay on point, debate the issue (not the man) and stay civil.

Then we DON'T run it into the ground . After a zillion requests to leave the spelling thing alone , you seldom if ever miss the chance to rub that sore spot .

Demonstrable facts shouldn't be a 'sore' spot and if they are, that's not my problem. There are people where, if they had terminal cancer, some would want to know and some wouldn't. Some doctors have gotten sued over withholding this information, and some might find themselves with an angry patient when they're quickly-informed. Everyone responds to information differently. I would always want to know the truth, but that's me.

I am leaving most of the spelling corrections alone in deference to the wishes of the mods at large simply because the cost/benefit ratio isn't that great for me, especially after being banned from one forum over this silly issue. You just happened to see one formatting observation which related to comments not being comingled with copyright law. So, you're not seeing all the corrections I could make, but chose not to. :) In effect, my intent was to make the post better, not undermine the thread or the poster.

The observation I made in this post related to formatting more than spelling anyway. Personally, I would never take offense to something so mundane as a mere spelling or formatting observation....even if I know my spelling is better than the person correcting me.

This is somewhat related to a fundamental perception of 'facts' and how apply them to ourselves....some people take offense if you correct their spelling, and some will thank you. I don't know if there will ever be a consensus regarding this peculiar human behavior, but I am not that invested in spelling to get people upset over it. There are other debates where I am more invested, and will not bend to mere pressure....but I'll always defer to a well-made (and valid) point.

On the behalf of the rest of mankind  :thumbsup: , I apologize for all the incorrect spelling , your conceived censorship at the other forum, this forum & anywhere else in your life that you think it happened .. now can we get over that ? I am being humorous , sincere & not meaning disrespect .

plain & simple .. leave the spelling thing alone ( censorship , religion & self taught lawyer thing also ) ... it is not that bad , just after the month + long drama on so many threads it is WAY too old now !

John Chicago had a song about that ( time ) that i like .

Yep, I've been trying to hold back on the spelling stuff. The religion thing...I am not sure there what your issue is, other than I am an out-of-the-closet atheist. I make no apologies for that, and I don't judge someone simply because they're a theist. My girlfriend of 12 years is a Catholic (just not a very good one). Some people here are very free to express their religious views, and people also need to realize we're not all the same...even with regard to religious beliefs (or lack of them). I just want people to know we exist and not assume we're all theists. This happens to atheists a lot since we're a closet minority....not often noticed until we 'out' ourselves, and then sometimes there's mistreatment which comes with that information. Other times, those who I expected to be offended are surprisingly resilient and open-minded about it. In essence, this information is controversial to some, and no big deal to others (even theists). I trust reasonable people can handle knowing this about me. 

The lawyer thing, I am not a lawyer in any sense nor did I ever claim to be one. It's just life experience...and copyright law naturally segued into other types of law. I just happened to be able to relay my experience fighting tickets and how that affects my perception of the difficulty of protecting my artwork (as an artist) were I to run into blatant copyright violations. Perhaps you don't see the value in my experience or posts, but I am sure someone out there enjoyed it or learned something from it.  

This forum is comprised of all types of people....I accept that, and I enjoy reasoned discourse whether it's 'which type of vinyl to use' or 'how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin' in the off-topic section. I understand not everyone enjoys this type of banter, but they're free to skip along, find the info that need and flit off into cyberspace. :huh:

I do my malcontenting and agitating in the appropriate places.

I figured you were past 40. I was 41 when I had a stroke. And before you say it,or ask...the only brain function it damaged was my ability to remember numbers. I don't even know my own telephone number. But as Einstein once said..why should I memorize something when I have it written down and know where to look?

I don't have a bed time. I go to bed when I am tired. I also eat when I am hungry. The clock doesn't rule my life...and I feel sorry for people who let it.

Remembering numbers....easy enough to write that stuff down as you mentioned...and thankfully it wasn't worse.

I don't let the clock rule my life either...unless I need to be at a job on-time....then it's all important (moreso for my employers). Left to my own devices...I have this rolling time-schedule which changes a little each day...almost like being on Mars (sol) time.

Personally, I am terrible with direction, probably because my memory is more visual. I don't know...I've just never been good at it. I am surprised I haven't gotten more lost when I've ridden motorcycles in foreign countries. Well, come to think of it, I did get lost in Rome, but I found my way back (thankfully there are some landmarks scattered about) hehe.

As long as I can see the sun, I never get lost (unless someone in the passenger seat is giving directions) I don't always know where I am, but can always find my way back to where I was.(I was a Boy Scout!)

Anyway, I thought ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME?

One thing I hate..asking someone old for directions...it's always ''go down to where so-and-so USED to be...and take a left. Like I would know where something USED to be.My dad was  a Greyhound bus driver for 35 years and he could go anywhere and never get lost. He never forgot anywhere he had ever been. Not bad for a 5th grade drop-out.

I do my malcontenting and agitating in the appropriate places.

I figured you were past 40. I was 41 when I had a stroke. And before you say it,or ask...the only brain function it damaged was my ability to remember numbers. I don't even know my own telephone number. But as Einstein once said..why should I memorize something when I have it written down and know where to look?

I don't have a bed time. I go to bed when I am tired. I also eat when I am hungry. The clock doesn't rule my life...and I feel sorry for people who let it.

Remembering numbers....easy enough to write that stuff down as you mentioned...and thankfully it wasn't worse.

I don't let the clock rule my life either...unless I need to be at a job on-time....then it's all important (moreso for my employers). Left to my own devices...I have this rolling time-schedule which changes a little each day...almost like being on Mars (sol) time.

Personally, I am terrible with direction, probably because my memory is more visual. I don't know...I've just never been good at it. I am surprised I haven't gotten more lost when I've ridden motorcycles in foreign countries. Well, come to think of it, I did get lost in Rome, but I found my way back (thankfully there are some landmarks scattered about) hehe.

As long as I can see the sun, I never get lost (unless someone in the passenger seat is giving directions) I don't always know where I am, but can always find my way back to where I was.(I was a Boy Scout!)

Anyway, I thought ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME?

One thing I hate..asking someone old for directions...it's always ''go down to where so-and-so USED to be...and take a left. Like I would know where something USED to be.My dad was  a Greyhound bus driver for 35 years and he could go anywhere and never get lost. He never forgot anywhere he had ever been. Not bad for a 5th grade drop-out.

LOL!! Yes, this is one of the drawbacks for those of us (me) who prefer using landmarks instead of actually knowing our direction hehe. You're right about Rome too...easy to get lost, and easy to get unlost. When a heathen like me ends up at the Vatican at 2am riding a scooter in the rain...I know I am lost. :thumbsup: Of course some would say I was 'found' hehe. Not being lost is an excellent skill for a bus-driver....I don't know how I ever survived my stint as a messenger without GPS.

I'm gonna get a GPS one of these days. Just because I like tech stuff..not because I need it.

I'm gonna get a GPS one of these days. Just because I like tech stuff..not because I need it.

For the cost-of-entry, they are amazing. I sometimes use them even when I don't need to. The Australian female voice sounds kinda hawt too. Super great when you're deep inside the bowels of Hollywood or some crazy city and you can just hit 'Go Home' and let the GPS do the navigation...even if it sometimes gives you a few more unprotected left turns than you'd like. :thumbsup:

Nuk ,

Like you & many on this forum , I am secure with what & how I think . I am also ready to discuss/debate things as long as it stays intelligent , seeking a real resolution or perspective & genuine ( It should be discussed in the right area instead of dooming so many threads ) . I also am self-conscience enough to evaluate others perspectives & would change my perspectives instantly after I am enlightened with a better perspective . That is what I was trying to give to you , a perspective from someone on the sideline . It is not as much as what you do , it is how often you do it & how you do it  . It seems you think some take offense to you being an atheist . I am sure nobody does , at least those who have posted . I think you " can't see the forest because of the trees " in how you take some resplies . You have not taken any of my replies personal ( even though some were close :thumbsup: ) & I am glad . The sense of humor that all of us have is not that much different .

John & I realize there are certain topics him & I would never in a billion years agree on , so we leave it alone , that is what i try to get you to do... not about you & John .. about you & several topics you are sensitive about .

Why Rodger.....I agree with you almost all the time...lately anyway. Perhaps age and infirmity have mellowed me out. Or maybe that cough medicine I drink like a cocktail all day.

That is funny John  :huh: , I still have the message where you call me a republican .. I am not party affiliated , but convinced you from my stance that I was . I could understand you thinking that , did not take pleasure or offense & thought it hilarious  :) . I don't mind anybody disagreeing with me or me not agreeing with anybody ... it is the constant discussion that tries to win the conversation or convert to the others viewpoint that is futile & gets to be a sore spot . The analogy I made about " if someone does not like a sandbox , then they should not get into 1 " applies to most of the banter IMO .

" Goodnight Gracie "

I am actually old enough to know what you guys are talking about (George and Gracie). :huh:

I am actually old enough to know what you guys are talking about (George and Gracie). :huh:

then you are old enough to remember when comedians were funny without having to be profane.

Nuk ,

Like you & many on this forum , I am secure with what & how I think . I am also ready to discuss/debate things as long as it stays intelligent , seeking a real resolution or perspective & genuine ( It should be discussed in the right area instead of dooming so many threads ) . I also am self-conscience enough to evaluate others perspectives & would change my perspectives instantly after I am enlightened with a better perspective . That is what I was trying to give to you , a perspective from someone on the sideline . It is not as much as what you do , it is how often you do it & how you do it  . It seems you think some take offense to you being an atheist . I am sure nobody does , at least those who have posted . I think you " can't see the forest because of the trees " in how you take some resplies . You have not taken any of my replies personal ( even though some were close :huh: ) & I am glad . The sense of humor that all of us have is not that much different .

John & I realize there are certain topics him & I would never in a billion years agree on , so we leave it alone , that is what i try to get you to do... not about you & John .. about you & several topics you are sensitive about .

I understand your point of view, Rodger. It's not my intent to kill threads....sometimes threads take natural turns as normal conversations would. It's good to remember to stay on topic. Sometimes a thread can take a little detour and get back on topic. Doesn't bother me a bit if that happens. I enjoy the informative discussion but I appreciate the banter too.  

As far as being an atheist...some people are still offended by this, only because I live as one and I see all kinds of reactions, but it's not as bad as it used to be. Admittedly, I probably underestimate how resilient people are about this somewhat sensitive topic, but I have to come out of the closet (so to speak) to see those reactions. Generally, I won't come out of that 'closet' unless there's some kind of natural conversational shift in that direction.

Please remember that I approach this forum with the best of intentions (despite our different personalities). I have a blog I use for my uncensored and unmitigated opinions. :) I like this forum because I have a high enthusiasm for this field, U.S. Cutter products and the people here. I also enjoy reading, contributing (writing) and learning more about this field in general.

I also agree with you that we're probably more alike than different if we were to investigate every topic important to us. :)  

then you are old enough to remember when comedians were funny without having to be profane.

Yep, yep. Bob Hope, George Burns, Henny Youngman, early Carlin. Funny is funny (and actually I prefer non-profane humor since I find it less distracting).

Red Skelton my all time fave, Jackie Gleason all the way to the moon Alice! and Bill Cosby

Red Skelton my all time fave, Jackie Gleason all the way to the moon Alice! and Bill Cosby

:) :) ;D

There has been / are several threads going about the legality etc of the issue , bu nothing as far as an update to this instance . I would assume any update would be posted in this thread for all to read . I guess that part of a possible settlement , there was a non-disclosure agreement . Making copyrighted stuff without legal permission can bite . There are zillions that are getting away with it , but not everybody .... reminds me of those Clint Eastwood " Dirty Harry " movies where he asks " do you feel lucky ? "

I thought if you cut someone`s logo it is ok as long as you don`t charge for it ?

I thought if you cut someone`s logo it is ok as long as you don`t charge for it ?

Think that only holds true if you trust the person wont turn you in!  :(

That would be incorrect according to the copyright law that was quoted earlier in the thread . I think a better " defense/excuse " would be to only sell the decal , NOT " make " it . Making the decal is what is breaking the law . I am sure you could buy any decal & then resell it . Might break some other law , but it would not be copyright or trademark law . That might not work if you actually made the decal in front of the people :(  :D At any rate, the legal expense " IF " sued , is bad . I think a VERY small % of copyright law breakers get sued & even fewer get charged criminally , but for those who do ( Lara ) , it isn't fun or cheap . Lara's phone # ( 816-564-0516 ) is in the 1rst part of the thread if anybody is interested enough to call & ask her what the outcome was ( hint , hint ) .

I just reread the whole thread . It is informing , has a hilarious tangent about spelling ( VERY LONG story that transcends foums & MANY threads that have tangented about grammer ;D ) & many missing posts due to members deleting their posts & accounts . I had a few good laughs reading the tangent part & still hope Lara prevailed  :( .

Here is my thoughts here.

If you are making Harley Davidson, Mickey Mouse and so on for sale on line or on the street you are in fact stealing from the originator.

You should be held liable for taking profit from there design.

But it you are asked to make a banner for you local chevron gas station for there sale that week and they want the chevron logo on it that should be fine.

I don't think anyone would mind legally.

If that same gas station was to run a ad in the local paper using a logo I don't thing they would have to get permission from chevron for the ad.

Look in your Sunday paper there are hundreds of logos there

Bottom line selling logos or designs for profit to the public big NO NO.

Doing displays for franchises using that franchises logo should be no problem.

Just my opinion im not a lawyer but it just makes sense

That would be incorrect according to the copyright law that was quoted earlier in the thread . I think a better " defense/excuse " would be to only sell the decal , NOT " make " it . Making the decal is what is breaking the law . I am sure you could buy any decal & then resell it . Might break some other law , but it would not be copyright or trademark law . That might not work if you actually made the decal in front of the people :(  ;D At any rate, the legal expense " IF " sued , is bad . I think a VERY small % of copyright law breakers get sued & even fewer get charged criminally , but for those who do ( Lara ) , it isn't fun or cheap . Lara's phone # ( 816-564-0516 ) is in the 1rst part of the thread if anybody is interested enough to call & ask her what the outcome was ( hint , hint ) .

I just reread the whole thread . It is informing , has a hilarious tangent about spelling ( VERY LONG story that transcends foums & MANY threads that have tangented about grammer ;D ) & many missing posts due to members deleting their posts & accounts . I had a few good laughs reading the tangent part & still hope Lara prevailed  :( .

i too am interested in how this turned out. maybe she had to sell her computer to pay for the lawyers?  :D

also, i can see someone gets angry and wants to leave, fine. but deleting your posts first is just uber-fucking-childish. i guess the "im taking my ball and going home" syndrome has no age limit anymore.  :-