Pretty soon it will be illegal for me to reply to your post.  Or it will be taxed.. or whatever... It's time we as Americans stamp out what needs to be stamped

out! To say this isn't getting out of hand, is like saying my wife isn't screwing around while her boy friend has her panties on his head running out of my house...

The US govt and corp america decided a long time ago that its about THEM.  It's time for the little guy to step up to the plate and do whats right.

Just think about what this 'crap' America is going to do for out kids and grand kids. 

Think about it...

Geeeez...

Pappy

Hey Right side ... how do you feel about government requirements ?   ;D

Feel 'bout the same as having the left side try to be a professional smartarse!!!

;D

Pretty soon it will be illegal for me to reply to your post.  Or it will be taxed.. or whatever... It's time we as Americans stamp out what needs to be stamped

out! To say this isn't getting out of hand, is like saying my wife isn't screwing around while her boy friend has her panties on his head running out of my house...

The US govt and corp america decided a long time ago that its about THEM.  It's time for the little guy to step up to the plate and do whats right.

Just think about what this 'crap' America is going to do for out kids and grand kids. 

Think about it...

Geeeez...

Pappy

Already did - have been stocking up on ammunitions ever since!  ;D

I thought about it Pappy .... I didn't think you seen that ..... ;D

Thus again my appreciation for boards such as this one ;D great for advice AND free advice at that! Considering unemployment is terrible all over the place and the guy who sold me his plotter package said his wife has been unemployed and she has yet to receive her 1st check after 1 whole month ;D last thing I want is A. Speeding ticket or B. Someone to sue me over a 4" x 4" decal... geez

A Sign maker friend of mine cut a JOHN DEERE logo and had it pinedto the wall at the flea market

where he had his set up.The local law enforcement here were searching for knock off merchandise

and saw that logo on the wall...Guess what...they took his computer,vinyl cutter.all the money he had in his wallet.

and took him to jail.Took him months to get out of this one and a lot of time to get his equipment back.

Do you have actual knowledge of that or is that something that was told ? I would like to know the jurisdiction & case # to really believe that , no offense to anyone  :D . There is a criminal law , but it is the civil liability that I have heard about mostly . I would think it would be a very weak criminal case unless the guy gave all the " wrong " a.k.a. truthfull answers & did not give the elusive answers .

It does happen. http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070716/NEWS/707160318

I am sure counterfeit & copyrighted/trademarked stuff laws are similair . The question I asked was about a John Deere decal being seized . I don't doupt anybodies efforts to warn of things like that , but I find it hard to believe a John Deere decal would cause that . Especially since I have looked at decals at the John Deere dealer & there was no trademark/copyrighted stuff built into the decal . I have seen John Deere trademark/copyrighted info on other things . They may have started putting that into the decals recently though . I suspect ... like the link you posted , much more was involved than John Deere decals .....

If someone makes an exact replica of a coach bag, it is counterfeiting. If someone makes an exact replica of a John Deere logo is that not also counterfeiting and not Trade Mark infringement?

or both .....

If someone makes an exact replica of a coach bag, it is counterfeiting. If someone makes an exact replica of a John Deere logo is that not also counterfeiting and not Trade Mark infringement?

If you make a John Deer tractor, that is counterfitting. Making the logo is stealing the brand identity not counterfitting.

Thanks for the explanation Jay . Logical after hearing it .

I disagree. John deer sells tractors and logos. If you replicate both, you are counterfeiting both. If you replicate something you are counterfeiting it.

Interesting . John Deere sells decals not logos , but i figure that is what you meant Green . John Deere might not actually make the decal .. for that matter they don't make some of the tractors . I know the 755 John Deere I have is a Yanmar . I would think the a defense attorney would say making the decals was copyright infringement since that is a lesser punishment .. th prosicuter might want it to be counterfeiting . Maybe the member who posted about the John Deere decal can give a jurisdiction etc so we can find out what they got charged with . many times , they charge every & any law that might have been broken ( if criminal ) so if something throws 1 charge out , they can nail the person with the other charge .

I agree with green machine.

that means you are agreeable  :D That is good Roxanne

If you take part of someone's logo and use it as your own, that is trademark infringement.

But if you produce that logo on goods for sale, that is likely counterfeiting.

Interesting . John Deere sells decals not logos , but i figure that is what you meant Green . John Deere might not actually make the decal .. for that matter they don't make some of the tractors . I know the 755 John Deere I have is a Yanmar . I would think the a defense attorney would say making the decals was copyright infringement since that is a lesser punishment .. th prosicuter might want it to be counterfeiting . Maybe the member who posted about the John Deere decal can give a jurisdiction etc so we can find out what they got charged with . many times , they charge every & any law that might have been broken ( if criminal ) so if something throws 1 charge out , they can nail the person with the other charge .

they usually do that as a ploy to get them to plead guilty to what they actually want to get them on, ie, "we'll throw out these 5 charges if you plead guilty to this" saves them court time.

Where did Lara go??? This has me astonished. All this over a $1.00 sticker. What a mess the U.S. is in. It's rediculious. Glad you posted this Lara and hope you get back soon. And hope your doing fine from the surgery. Good people being ran over by huge firms is what kills me. I could see if they were starving to death. I own Dewalt and B & D and I can assure you I will NEVER buy one thing from them again. We have several hundred of their products and all they did by doing this is shoot themselves in the foot!

The first thing I would have done is call the local paper and then contacted world news companies online and made the biggest issue you ever saw over this! Geezzz I mean your advertising for them hhaahaah

PLEASE OH PLEASE use my logos and print them at your own cost to give me "FREE ADVERTISING"!!!!!!

Oh... and btw, don't e-mail me and ask for my permission either because I love other customers to see my companies name posted everywhere in the world so people can see.

Anyhow I'm done venting, good luck to you Lara

Good people being ran over by huge firms is what kills me.

:huh: I don't understand how somebody else getting run over ... could kill you :huh: I ain't ever seen that , evn in a Sci-Fi movie . You been takin some of Nuke's meds :huh::bear::bear::bear:

• Like 1