USCutter Driver Pack

What are the advantages of installing this USC driver? Is it mainly for people using USC branded cutter, such as the Refine, PCUT, Laserpoint, and Copam? Or would someone with a Roland or Graphtec benefit from having this driver as well?

Right, what is the difference between these and the PNC-1000 driver I am using currently in my flexi?

Guest fivestar

It appears that the refine points to the roland dll but it does change the vinyl default dimensions to US Cutters.  Honestly I don't know if that would be totally legal with getting SA's permission but I'm sure a company like US Cutter would have already checked into that.

The only real difference is the names. The PNC driver was renamed, along with the DGI OM driver for the Copam.

for some reason I still am not seeing this driver in my list when I try to install my new plotter. I have flexistarter that came with a seikitech machine. The directions say to install into C:/programfiles/sai/output drivers. My computer doesn't have that option. I installed it into C:/programsfiles/seiki/outputdrivers thinking this would correct it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alan

Well I called and Talked to Brandon. He was very very helpful. He had me log in and he actually got in my computer remotely and installed what I needed. The version of Flexi I had was their special version that only works on their machine. Needless to say the software doesn't outlast the machine, because it will only work on their machine. Brandon installed Sign Blazer for me. The bad news is I(mostly my wife actually) have to learn different software. She is having difficulties with it, but I'm sure we'll figure it out soon.

She said she thinks it is better software and chooses to learn it as well.

Thanks Brandon, I haven't actually used the machine I bought yet, but I am sure we will be pleased.

Alan

yeah I have a version of Flexi like that too. Worthless except with that one cutter. SignBlazer is ok once you get used to it. It will actually do more than Flexi Starter.

Flexi gets re-branded and sold in versions that do not necessarily work with other cutters... The version that US Cutter sells should work with virtually any cutter and it will except output driver updates... Many others will not except the updates...

Regardless you should always try the driver pack, however your flexi is installed the .CFM file needs to end up into the "Output Drives" folder...

The huge glitch I have found in signblazer is the lack of a "show me" button. The software seems good for reworking images but lacks an important feature to me.I did call Seiki, in an accent I could barely understand I was told it wouldn't work. Wonder if I can wipe the key clean and use it for the most expensive flash drive ever.

Alan

John,

ARe you telling me that SBE does more than FlexiPro 8.1? I actually came across a copy of FlexiPro for free (don't ask me where, I hate lying to people). Did I waste all that download time for nothing? I haven't installed the Flexi yet, haven't needed anything other than SBE so far. And the Flexi seems to be HUGE - the install set is 3 cd's.

Charlie

We now have a USCutter driver pack for Flexi (Windows)!

Just download the file and take a look at the readme.txt for install directions.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=44&nav=0,4,13

I was comparing these drivers to what I have on my PC, and observed that these new drivers are included in the install package for FlexiStarter 8.6 v2.

Hello,

I have been using the method that Sparkness posted about 1 year ago. I can contour cut out of flexi, BUT only 1 row of decals at a time because the registration gets way off the more rows I do. I have not figured out why. My question is ......will the new drivers solve this issue for me? I'm using the creation pcut ct630 driver now.

Thanks,

Joe

A little help is needed.  I have a lasercut 24 running on an XP mach 3 gig memory 3.1 MHz processor the cutter is running on USB COM 3

there are no other USB devices plugged in. the cutting software that I'm am using is Flexisign-pro V8.1 when I send a cut job production mgr comes back with unable to open port. any suggestions??

Thanks in

Advance

I am not very familiar with Flexi, but I have seen this problem in SBE if the wrong port is selected in the cutter setup. And I have seen USB ports change their own configuration. If I have a USB device connected and remove it and put another device in the same physical port, it's even money if the port settings changed or not.

Charlie

washedashore,

I have your exact setup, except I am usb a USB to serial converter cable. and the drivers I downloaded from US cutter work fine on mine. The only issue I had to address was the port setting in my PC, just make sure they are 9600, 8, none, and 1, with hardware flow control, RTS & CTS checked. Then check to make sure your port is set to the USB port your using. you could try comm ports too, maybe it's picking the cutter up as a comm port through the USB like it does on the Serial converter cable.

Good Luck

Kevin

We now have a USCutter driver pack for Flexi (Windows)!

Just download the file and take a look at the readme.txt for install directions.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=44&nav=0,4,13

Thanks a BUNCH for that update! Finally got my MH365 to work better with Flexi because of the new USCutter drivers.

Thanks!

Hi There!

To this type there is not a driver packet? Creation PCUT CS-630Z You are swarming well, but cuts badly. I cannot cut colours separately in a work, I use the designation vainly: "Pause between colors" 

Would somebody be able to help?