Sign in to follow this  
msmith08

What vinyl to use for football helmets?

Been awhile since Ive been around. Been kinda busy on the trophy side of things. Anyway, I have a customer that asked me to put decals on their youth football league helmets. Any advice on what vinyl to use? Thanks in advance..

Mike

I've been using Avery 4 Year and 6 Year vinyl for softball and football teams locally and i haven't heard any complaints.

Our decals on our helmets were about 1/8 inch thick and extremely sticky........and we still tore them up really bad.  I would try a cast vinyl and see since it is so thin maybe it wouldn't tear up as bad as the thicker stuff we got.  I would definately use a seal it pen though, most of them when they started coming off it was from grinding the decal on hard dirt and grass after a hard tackle.

I don't think anything will hold up to helmet to helmet contact. I would use Oracal 631 for the base layer so it's easier to replace them when they get torn up. 

Have you thought of using a paint mask and spraying the graphic? it could be an alternative.

Thanks for all the advice, all grerat ideas. I will let everyone know what I end up doing. Thanks again

Mike

Yeah i talked to my football customer and he said the avery 4 and 6 year held up fine. They get new decals every year anyway so it doesn't have to stay on long.

Where is the best place to buy the Avery 4yr? I am doing a dark green (NFL eagles green) logo for the 10u team but I know all the stuff i already own probably wouldn't stand up. TIA

47 minutes ago, ultrabextr said:

Where is the best place to buy the Avery 4yr? I am doing a dark green (NFL eagles green) logo for the 10u team but I know all the stuff i already own probably wouldn't stand up. TIA

Earlmich.com carries Avery 4 and  A6.     You would have to check around for pricing at different vendors.  I have used Earlmich.com for  12 years for other items. great vendor.       https://www.earlmich.com/home.php?cat=1103

What YOU call 'football' in the UK is not the same sport as played in America.

Look, we know that everyone is bored silly these days, but really, to resurrect a necrothread to ask about sports? Seems like you're facing serious desperation to 'chat' with someone, anyone!

u19.jpg

2 hours ago, slice&dice said:

What YOU call 'football' in the UK is not the same sport as played in America.

Look, we know that everyone is bored silly these days, but really, to resurrect a necrothread to ask about sports? Seems like you're facing serious desperation to 'chat' with someone, anyone!

u19.jpg

where did that fly in from?   the state of georgia, between you in new york and florida plays american football slice 

This thread has lost logical continuity because one post was deleted that came from the UK, and if you want to delete my above response to it, dakota, it would clean up this thread and return us to 2018.