engine9yfd

MORE cornhole boards

Here is just another one of my many (yet to get done) cornhole boards for some customers. Started doing them for friends and now doing almost 3 a week for customers.

post-3770-1298653951769_thumb.jpg

post-3770-12986539530432_thumb.jpg

I have been making them with 2x4's and a sheet of plywood. I sometime ago read on here where somebody posted on how to make them. I did not read what they were using.

Super job!!!

What's the best kind of paint to use for these?

I think I will give this project a try. This will be a nice game for the upcoming family reunion!

I prime them and use a semi gloss outdoor paint and then varnish them. You will hear many different ways of how others do it. This just happens to be what works for me. A little bit or trial and error.

I know price may vary, but what are you getting for them if you don't mind me asking ?

great job by the way  ;D

board (1 color) with vinyl decal (1 color) and bags 125.00

board (2-3 colors) with vinyl decal (2-3 color) and bags 150.00

I have cheaper boards where I use 1 x 4  with MDF as the playing surface and they start at 90-125 range

I have my mother sew the bags for me which makes her some money as well. Lot of work to make a set of custom boards but its been alot of fun and I've been getting alot of training with the vinyl and the application.

Guest fivestar
;D EXCELLENT JOB I've so probably around 100 sets of decals for cornhole boards myself. ;D

What have you guys been charging for your decals. I have been doing mostly 2 18x18 decals one color? (if you don't mind me asking)

Guest Schramm

Ok I am guessing that this is the bean bag game right?  I dont know about where you all are from but here in my little part of Illinois the word "CORNHOLE" has a entire different meaning!!!  Here you wouldnt be tossing nothing into a cornhole without getting a black eye of a busted jaw.

Those are really nice looking...  I'd would just have to give them a different name!

Guest fivestar

I do most of mine 18" wide and I charge $30.00 per set for the decals.

Ok. I did a couple today. They are okay, but next time I don't think I will use the fiberboard plywood. I will post a picture once I get them primed, painted and vinyl put on them.

Engine, did you use fiberboard?

some of the ones i have done.. they are selling great around here :thumbsup: my future father-in-law builds them and stains them and i paint and decal them up then we put a coat of polyurethane on them.  I did the whole official cornhole dealer and get alot of business from that.  I had to go by their standards of building but it brings you more customers :)

post-3143-12986539646102_thumb.jpg

post-3143-12986539646395_thumb.jpg

post-3143-12986539646697_thumb.jpg

post-3143-12986539655722_thumb.jpg

post-3143-12986539655927_thumb.jpg

post-3143-12986539656158_thumb.jpg

Guest Ls Creation

Nice work and they look good.

LS

Ok I am guessing that this is the bean bag game right?  I dont know about where you all are from but here in my little part of Illinois the word "CORNHOLE" has a entire different meaning!!!  Here you wouldnt be tossing nothing into a cornhole without getting a black eye of a busted jaw.

Those are really nice looking...  I'd would just have to give them a different name!

I know in my little part of IL we call it bags

I live in Illinois also but do have a set of boards also. And the name did come from what you are thinking of.

Dave

Guest Schramm

some of the ones i have done.. they are selling great around here :lol: my future father-in-law builds them and stains them and i paint and decal them up then we put a coat of polyurethane on them.  I did the whole official cornhole dealer and get alot of business from that.  I had to go by their standards of building but it brings you more customers :rolleyes:

Ok these are great, so does anyone have the official size and the size of the hole and placement as I want to make some of these.  I am not going to use vinyl though I am going to paint everything so that way I can use bondo and wood fillers to cover up the problem areas caused by the screws.

We have it here to, never paid much attention to it but here it is called "bags" or "bag toss" - around my parts you dont toss things into a cornhole!