Hi everyone.

I have a CR630 and it has been a great cutter for me. Last night I was cutting stuff to make t-shirts. When I was done I shut it down and began to do my weeding. I got up in the morning and started it up to do some more cutting. Everything seamed fine and it said ONLINE. I loaded the material that I was going to cut and got the head into position. I put it back ONLINE and hit cut and nothing happened. It looked like the program was accepting everything and it showed that it was spooling just fine it just didn't cut. First I thought it may be the eps file cause it was one that I had just finished and I had never cut it before. So I reset it and took a file that I had cut many times before and it did the same thing. I switched out my parallel cable and it was the same. It does cut test pieces with no problems. My next thought was the port. I took a look at it and it seamed to be fine. I am now starting to think I am going to uninstall my program and reinstall it and start from scratch. Any and all help would be great cause I was just laid off  this week and this was going to get me started full time till I could buy a better and larger cutter. Thank you for any help that you may have.

Dave

My brother's ct630 is an older model and it ONLY came with USB. Now they come with USB and serial. I think we need to see a pic of the cable end.

I will post photos when I get home. I am out shopping with the better half

Thanks for all of the help. I pulled my laptop out and loaded my cut program and connected the cutter to it. It is working fine on the laptop so I am going to uninstall it on the desktop and reinstall it and see if that fixes the problem. At least I know it is not my cutter. I do not work on a PC that much as I am a mac person. When I do buy a new cutter I will be getting one that I can use with my mac.

Dave

It's not the cutter,it is the software,that has to be Mac compatable. SignCut has a Mac version. It's mainly JUST a cutting program but you can design in other programs and cut with it.

I know. I downloaded a free trial of Sign Cut. I just do not want my wife to know.  ;D

Dave