Sign in to follow this  
malloryjo

Overlapping letters in fonts!

Is there a way to make it where my cutter cuts fonts that overlap as one piece and not individual letters? I hate when there are cuts in my overlapping letters? Thanks for the help!

Has anyone else noticed in Signblazer, when you do a total weld on text to make the internal cuts go away that it re sizes the text? What I mean is it adds a little to the outside of all the text like you blew it up a little bit. I haven't found a setting that would change this but It definitely does it on my system. It really stink when you have a font exactly like you want it then it inflates it.

Kevin

Guest round2racing

Kevin,

I just tried it out and I didn't see a difference.

Does it happen in all the fonts?

I used Scriptina font and welded the letters together and they didn't get bigger or thicker.

It seems to mostly affect signature type fonts. I just went and did it using "Shelley Allegro (SBF_S041)" When you select it and Do Arrange-Weld-Total Weld, it does a definite change in the contour of the letter. It appears more pixelated and then in turn appears larger. I did notice the dimensional size doesn't actually change in the size box. So it may be an illusion so to speak.

Signblazer has never rendered graphics all that well, but if your wanting do a proof that could cause a little trouble trying to arrange it right to cut the way you want it to.

Kevin