Sign in to follow this  
david63755

can't install drivers for new plotter

I  have  a new plotter that  has been  in the  box  for almost a year.  I  have not  tried to set it  up  till now due  to  illness.  There are no  boxes  punched for  the model  number,  but I assume  it is a  Creation ctn630. There  is  no  serial  number by the tag that says serial  number  either.  There is a tag that  has  the number Pcut20080630860 on  it.  It  came with a  2 page  photocopy sheet  that says it  is a document to  help assist getting started quickly.  HA  Ha.  I  find this  same  set of  instructions on the uscutter  web page.  Under the  heading USB  it says  to  insert the  blue disk. #4 says  to  chose the USB folder.  there is  no USB folder to install  on the  list  when I  open  the cd. No  next  after  open (  right  click is  the  only  open  I  find)    browsing the disk I find  lots of references to the antiquated  windows 98.  It this  blasted thing  even windows Ultimate 64 compatable?  where do  I  find WORKING  links to  an installation  manual for this  thing? Where do  I find  working  drivers for this  thing.  It  keeps telling  me  that windows  needs to search the web  for drivers.  I  have spent hours  clicking  on  many  links  here on the forums that do  not  work.  :thumbsup: Is the fan  on these things  supposed to be  louder than anything  in the office?

Guest Schramm

Sorry about your illness!  Sounds like a job for US CUTTER to help you with, it also sounds like you bypassed the warranty with your illness!

I  have  a new plotter that   has been  in the  box  for almost a year.  I  have not  tried to set it  up  till now due  to  illness.  There are no  boxes  punched for  the model  number,  but I assume  it is a  Creation ctn630. There  is  no   serial  number by the tag that says serial  number  either.  There is a tag that  has  the number Pcut20080630860 on  it.  It  came with a  2 page  photocopy sheet  that says it  is a document to  help assist getting started quickly.  HA  Ha.   I  find this  same  set of  instructions on the uscutter  web page.  Under the  heading USB  it says  to  insert the  blue disk. #4 says  to  chose the USB folder.  there is  no USB folder to install  on the  list  when I  open  the cd. No  next  after  open (  right  click is  the  only  open  I  find)    browsing the disk I find  lots of references to the antiquated  windows 98.  It this  blasted thing  even windows Ultimate 64 compatable?   where do  I  find WORKING  links to  an installation  manual for this  thing? Where do   I find  working  drivers for this  thing.   It  keeps telling  me  that windows  needs to search the web  for drivers.   I  have spent hours  clicking  on  many  links  here on the forums that do  not  work.  :thumbsup: Is the fan  on these things  supposed to be  louder than anything  in the office?

maybe here is some info on this page to help you out

http://support.uscutter.com

here is download of drivers and such for your vinyl cutter.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view