eddieb378

How can i make registration marks

The software i got with my cutter does not have registration marks. People have told me that u can make your own how do i do this when cutting multiple colors so i can align the perfect.

make any shape ( a circle ,  square or a small clipart figure )  in a different color than anything in the design . When you cut each color , cut the color of the reg mark with it so every color has them .  :thumbsup:

I guess i am computer stupid because i dont understand anything you guys told me this layering is kicking my but.

watch this and see if how you do it makes sense

notice the diamonds

I under stand that part and I know how to put them together after they are cut. my problem is how do you get the marks the different colors to cut on each layer. If I am doing a black and red decal i can eaither make the reg marks black or red but not both.

Can You tell me in a simple way because i dont understand all the cut copying and all that. I am very new to all this.

What Software are you using to cut? If SignBlazer then when in the cut screen hold the cntrl key and select the color of the reg marks. I always make them an off the wall color that I know I don't have in the design and select Red & Lime Green (Reg Mark Color) and it with combine both colors to cut.

Hope This Helps,

Bryan

There are several ways of doing this...

In flexi, it has its own registration marks, however, i dont like them... I like a circle inside a box...

So what i do is make my own...

if its going to be 2 color like in my video, i make 1 box... I color it lets say blue and then make a circle that fits inside that box. i group the square and the box together, then i copy that some image, make it the other color, white... then i align the blue grouped image and the new white one on both centers so they are directly on top of one another, then i put it at the bottom or the top of the graphic in the corner, then i copy it, and put it on the opposite side corner.

Now when i cut in flexi, and pause between colors in enabled, (so that i can change vinyl), it will already have the boxes aligned right where i need them.

I think i recal in SBE, you could cut 2 colors at the same time, so you could make your boxes green, and cut your first image with greens and whites, then your second image with greens and blues.

There are several ways of doing this...

In flexi, it has its own registration marks, however, i dont like them... I like a circle inside a box...

So what i do is make my own...

if its going to be 2 color like in my video, i make 1 box... I color it lets say blue and then make a circle that fits inside that box. i group the square and the box together, then i copy that some image, make it the other color, white... then i align the blue grouped image and the new white one on both centers so they are directly on top of one another, then i put it at the bottom or the top of the graphic in the corner, then i copy it, and put it on the opposite side corner.

Now when i cut in flexi, and pause between colors in enabled, (so that i can change vinyl), it will already have the boxes aligned right where i need them.

I think i recal in SBE, you could cut 2 colors at the same time, so you could make your boxes green, and cut your first image with greens and whites, then your second image with greens and blues.

You can also cut multi colors at the same time in Flexi  :)